Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess I should have done this sooner... (Intro)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I should have done this sooner... (Intro)

Although I haven't committed any flagrant newbie faux pas yet (as far as I can tell, as Racer X hasn't yelled at me so far), I figured that I might as well introduce myself to y'all.

Born in Chicago, raised in NY, bounced around Baltimore/DC area for a few years, then moved to Japan 5 years ago, where I met and married a Japanese girl.

Started playing guitar when I was 16, at which point Allan Holdsworth, Al Dimeola, and Yngwie were my heroes. My first "good" guitar was a red firecrackle Jackson Dinky that I bought new in 1989. The neck from that guitar (with #249 and Grover's signature on the back of the headstock) is currently on the blue Model 3A body in the photo below.

I had pretty much stopped playing the guitar for a number of years, but was asked by a coworker (I work in an IP law firm) to join his band last year, when I told him that I used to play.

That rekindled my interest in playing music, and also made me susceptible to GAS. I've added three guitars to my stable within the last two months, and have a custom on order with Jackson Stars, to be delivered hopefully in late April/early May. Seeing all of your collections here doesn't help, either [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I can read and speak Japanese, so if anyone has questions regarding a Jackson Stars model or ordering from a Japanese dealer, feel free to PM me, and I'll try to help you out.

Here's a pic of my current Jackson/Charvel arsenal:

From left to right: 1988 Dinky/1988 Model 3A mutt; Grover Jackson SL-P-80; and 1988 Model 3A.

That's about it for now...

Rock on, amigos [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

-QuantumRider

PS. My handle comes from my other hobby, which is cycling. My race bike is a Klein Quantum.
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Re: I guess I should have done this sooner... (Intro)

Welcome aboard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Crusher [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Maybe there should be an "Introduce Yourself" forum for threads like these... Admins?
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Nice SET!! But too pretty, don't you ever thrash them on metal......?

Comment

SGplayer-

Actually, the headstock on my Jackson neck broke off at the peg for the B string about 10 years ago, when I did an Yngwie-esque guitar flip and my straplock failed (think Vai in the "That's Life" video).

I epoxied the broken piece back on, and swore never to do anything that aggressive on stage (or anywhere else for that matter) again...

Comment

from the yelling guy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW you have been really helpful already and of course you are a newbie no more! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks RacerX!

I will continue to be vigilant in avoiding grammatical and spelling errors as well, so as to avoid your wrath [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Your metallic red 3a is sweet ...i WANT ONE!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  +1

I love that color! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+2!

Welcome Quantum!
                    Awesome introduction, nice to know ya! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    -Emmy

Comment

Re: I guess I should have done this sooner... (Int

SonicSamurai-

I picked up that Model 3A just last month. My wife saw it, and said,
                      "Don't you already have the same guitar?" I said to her,
                      "But baby, it was a STEAL!!!"

What I wanted to say (but didn't) was,
                      "Baby, do I ever give you crap about your collection of shoes that you never wear?"

Ironically, the guy who I bought it from was told by HIS wife to get rid of some of his guitars [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Charlz-

The last three guitars that I've bought have been red. A CAR Squier strat, the Model 3A, and the Grover Jackson. The Jackson Stars that I have on order is going to be a natural finish, though, to show off the flame maple top [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Emmy-

Thanks for the welcome!

Not only is there a wealth of knowledge in these forums, I am also really impressed with the amount of respect that everyone shows each other [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome aboard. Nice group you have there.
                        RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                        CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                        Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                        Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Your guitars are made in Japan.
                          Your wife was made in Japan.
                          You live in Japan.

Life is good. Welcome
                          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

lol^

definitely, bro, welcome!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I am also really impressed with the amount of respect that everyone shows each other [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] Stick around. You'll get yours. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Welcome.
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X