Replacing TOM on KVX10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing TOM on KVX10

ok modifying my blue swirl King V from Blue swirl finish and chrome hardware to black finish, black hardware (going for that classic Mustaine Black V look.

already using Sperzel tuners, but want to know if i can get a replacement Jackson TOM in Black and where from (im UK but dont mind importing from USA) or can i just use any black TOM replacement, any suggestions of good quality names for bridge peices?

cheers,

me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    My music:
    www.leonlive.co.uk

Re: Replacing TOM on KVX10

Gotoh Bridge with toneproslocking studs...

Get em from WD or allparts....

Make sure you get an import bridge wiht metric measurments....

You dont need the Tone pros locking studs...

Don't forget pics after youve modded it...

Ozz

Comment

So theres two of us doing this now in the uk!!! Are you putting a DXMG neck on it too or is that just me? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ive said too much!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

James

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Are you putting a DXMG neck on it too or is that just me? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh! That's me! But mine will look cooler than yours! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
        (A couple surprises planned)
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

na keeping the original KVX10 neck, already modded it by removing hte tone control, moved the volume into the tone hole, and routed a line through the old volume hole and put a 5 way multipole blade there. replaced pickups with a dimarzio Evolution2 bridge and an Evolution neck. new paint job will hide the old hole thats currently in the middle of the 5-way blade :P
          My music:
          www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Cool cool, Im just wanting black hardware and a reverse headstock and binding. I think Im going to leave the ferrules chrome tho cos it seems a right arse to get them out.
            Ron - Will you be willing to spoil any of these surprises anytime soon?
            Im planning on my being subtle and well done, as opposed to being revolutionary [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

James

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Ron - Will you be willing to spoil any of these surprises anytime soon?
              James

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch for a thread by mm2002 in the next month.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Haha righto mate

James

Comment

Working...
                X