shocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shocked

i bought a new sl1 3 months ago well they told me it was new today i checked the seial # it's actually a 95 much to my surprise.it looked brand new i guess it's my own fault for not checking the serial number.my question is this is there much difference between the 95 and the new models?any info would be much appreciated thanx

Re: shocked

i have to go to work now i'll check on you're replys when i get home and answer any questions if there any

Comment

They didn't make SL-3's in 1995. Post the serial number and we'll tell you what it is. Does it say "Professional" on the headstock or just "Jackson" only?

Comment

it's a sl1

Comment

the serial number is u0303090

Comment

Is it just me, or is that serial number about 2 digits too long for an SL1? Both mine (1999 & 2001) are only 5 digits, not counting the "U".

Comment

[img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Greg, your still sleepy dude. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Crowe:
                Xeno, imports would have a serial number starting with a "J".
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">erm... I know. IF the serial number WERE U0303090, it would not be USA for certain. That's all I said. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Dave really ruled on RnR Jeopardy a couple year back..and while I tend to like his writing, never cared for his playing.. it's like the switchoffs between him and Freidman.. speed wank, cool melodic, speed wank, cool melodic...
                  I also recall, it's usually Daves way or the highway..."I don't care what you do for your activity as long as you do your job" That could not have been a very easy gig to hold down with the usual RnR chaos at hand.

Anyways, enough trashin on Dave... he's signed, I'm not.
                  Whatever it was that threw this deal, it sounds like it was negotiable but ended up not an amicable split if he halted production w/o letting current orders be fulfilled and money wasn't going to buy it off.. which, if it's a royalty, and prices were going to be upped in the buyout it would be transfered onto the fans anyways.. so I'm actually thinking that what Dave did might not have been out of complete disinterest in those buying his sig guitar.
                  It could very well be that he did term the remaining standing orders due to a loyalty to Jackson, a change in production standards, price increase etc..one has to wonder how much notice he had prior to the buyout that this was happening.

[ February 23, 2003, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
                    Dave really ruled on RnR Jeopardy a couple year back..and while I tend to like his writing, never cared for his playing.. it's like the switchoffs between him and Freidman.. speed wank, cool melodic, speed wank, cool melodic...
                    I also recall, it's usually Daves way or the highway..."I don't care what you do for your activity as long as you do your job" That could not have been a very easy gig to hold down with the usual RnR chaos at hand.

Anyways, enough trashin on Dave... he's signed, I'm not.
                    Whatever it was that threw this deal, it sounds like it was negotiable but ended up not an amicable split if he halted production w/o letting current orders be fulfilled and money wasn't going to buy it off.. which, if it's a royalty, and prices were going to be upped in the buyout it would be transfered onto the fans anyways.. so I'm actually thinking that what Dave did might not have been out of complete disinterest in those buying his sig guitar.
                    It could very well be that he did term the remaining standing orders due to a loyalty to Jackson, a change in production standards, price increase etc..one has to wonder how much notice he had prior to the buyout that this was happening.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Uh, you want the thread next door....
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

oops, sorry.. I'm like Greg, no sleepy make still sleepy while eyes wide open, make for funny gibber post. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Blame it on the woman.

[ February 23, 2003, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Greg you weren't the only one sleeping i misread the serial number like a moron it was actually u08090.I feel like a fool and i don't know how i made that mistake except to say it was 6 in the morning when i looked.I apologize for wasting you're time

Comment

Hey don't worry about it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Everyone makes mistakes...

I uh.. bought a floyd on ebay when it was clearly single locking, and I could swear it was double locking... now it's back on ebay... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I dunno what the hell I was thinkin... I SWORE it was double locking... but after receiving it and being shocked and pissed as hell, I looked at the auction, and it obviously visibly was single locking.. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, if that's indeed the serial number, which I've never seen a U prefix on an import guitar, it would be a 2000 model import. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

If it were a USA Select SL1, the serial number would be Uxxxxx.

Comment

Boy did I read that wrong, SL1 .... sorry.

Xeno, imports would have a serial number starting with a "J".

If it's U03090 then yes, it's a 1995 USA guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X