Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Indonesia

Is it possible for guitar-dealers
    to buy cheap Jackson guitars made in Indonesia ?
    Do they make cheap Jackson guitars in Indonesia ?
    Have they ever made cheap Jackson guitars in Indonesia ?
    Will they ever make cheap Jackson guitars in Indonesia ?
    [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson Indonesia

Originally posted by Jackson SL3:
    Is it possible for guitar-dealers
    to buy cheap Jackson guitars made in Indonesia ?

Yes

Do they make cheap Jackson guitars in Indonesia ?

Yes and China too(not sure if they still do).

Have they ever made cheap Jackson guitars in Indonesia ?

Yes

Will they ever make cheap Jackson guitars in Indonesia ?

Yes

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">2 basic rules for determining whether a late model import Jackson is made in Japan or Indonesia:

1. Japanese models have 7 digit serial numbers starting with a "9". Indonesia models have 8 digit serial numbers usually beginning with a "0" or "1".

2. 12th fret dot inlays. Close together = Japan. Spread apart = Indonesia.

Comment

So the Indonesian guitars are in general
      bad and cheap guitars compared to the Japanese guitars ? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I thought they where made in India, but not in Indonesia

Comment

[img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] = Greg! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Man, I was reading your first post thinking you were gonna say NO, Jacksons aren't and never were made in Indonesia, boy was I wrong. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson SL3:
            So the Indonesian guitars are in general
            bad and cheap guitars compared to the Japanese guitars ? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, though Jacksons aren't made in Indonesia, Indonesian guitars are of lower quality.

Their quality varies widely though. I have an Indonesian Washburn BT-6 that's
            really not bad at all! It's not gonna convert anybody from their beloved brand,
            but it's a decent trans red mahogany body
            with HSH config and a licensed Floyd. A
            rather cheap licensed Floyd, but I got it
            envisioning a beach/river/camping/dive club kind of guitar with utility but no
            sentimental value. It stays in tune well
            though I know not to beat the crap out of the cheap Floyd too much; no throwing the guitar around by holding onto the whammy bar only! It looks like a bizarro version of a Wolfgang without binding!

Funny thing is, like a stray mutt I've actually grown attached to the poor thing! Not that I PLAY it much, but I have a sad affection for the thing.

Having said that, I've played several other BT guitars, and they've varied widely in quality from really bad to good. But hey, you get the same variation with Gibson and pay 10x as much!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I had a JK-20Pro that I got and I hate to say it...but it sucked. The trem was horrid....neck was crummy and the electronics were garbage.

The pickups on the other hand were pretty good though. I still have em!! Apparently they have the markings M213/M214 on them which is a Kent Armstrong series...they didn't sound half bad....I expected much worse...I actually kept em!!

But all in all this particular guitar was not nearly worth the $300 that I paid for it...it is no where near the quality of hte current imports such as the DK-2's...

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Crowe:

1. Japanese models have 7 digit serial numbers starting with a "9". Indonesia models have 8 digit serial numbers usually beginning with a "0" or "1".

2. 12th fret dot inlays. Close together = Japan. Spread apart = Indonesia.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So Since my DK-2 has and 8 digit serial number starting with a "0".. it is Indian made?!?

It did come with a MIJ sticker.. I bought it new in 2002.

Comment

Man, I'm half asleep today. Yes, it's India, not Indonesia. Thanks for the clarrification. Jackson has never made any guitars in Indonesia. In fact, I'm not even sure where Indonesia is and orginally thought Indonesia WAS India........... duh! .... but was informed that they are 2 different countries.

Comment

Working...
                  X