This is a must read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a must read

I have played in clubs since I was 16 years old. I have played up and down the east coast many many times. I played the Stone Pony in 89-92 about 8x. This whole thing has me sick. This article sums it up best. Blame will not bring anyone back.

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=1811
    www.kiddhavok.com
    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Re: This is a must read

Thanks for posting that link; it really does sum it up perfectly.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Excellent Story!!!

Club owners are human scum?? Gee, I'd have never thunk it...

Comment

Amazing story.

Comment

Unfortunately, both sides are looking guilty to a degree in this, it's the Stage managers and the pyro techs jobs as well as the Club owners responsibility to make sure that this doesn't happen. It's a shame there wasnt a sprinkler system installed, but it's even more of a shame that some fire extinguishers weren't immediately available to help quench that fight from getting even worse, it might've saved a few more lives.

[ February 23, 2003, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

ya know, doing the kiss trib thing certainly isn't the safest of gigs. i'm sure some of you can relate to this, but there's been MANY times that i've stood next (too close) to flame cannons that have shot flames that came close to ceilings, etc... i've been REALLY lucky, and something like this really hammers that home. i don't need to say how horrible this is, but along with feeling really bad about what's happened, the whole safety thing has really been in my mind.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

The band said that they ordered no pyrotechnics. I see that as "oh, we'd better cover ourselves cuz all those people that died have families that are going to sue us!"

Comment

Working...
                X