Custom Shop Generator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop Generator question

I'm trying to load a jpg graphic from my c: drive and when I do, I'm not seeing the graphic? I entered c:\1987.jpg and click on the load button and nothings happens. Am I doing something wrong?

thanks,

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: Custom Shop Generator question

you need to actually host the pictures on the web ..it doesn't do uploads or storage
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I use >Imageshack< , >Photobucket< is another popular one.
      |My CSG gallery|
      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

ok. Maybe we can get ahold of the developer and have them change their 'help' to remove the ability to upload from your PC.

btw, I did try file:///c:\filename.jpg and that still did not work.

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I've never had a problem uploading a pic/graphic from my harddrive to the CSG. Infact for my daughter, I made a Soloist w/ an Inyayashu pic, that she had saved on her computer. She thought it was cool.
          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            ok. Maybe we can get ahold of the developer and have them change their 'help' to remove the ability to upload from your PC.

btw, I did try &lt;a href="file:///c:\filename.jpg" target="_blank"&gt;file:///c:\filename.jpg&lt;/a&gt; and that still did not work.

joe...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the user can look at the bottom of the page where it says:

[ QUOTE ]
            The author can be contacted at: [email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

And ask the developer nicely, nicer than he did here, maybe he would help the user through the issue or realize that maybe the help text might need to be edited.

Sorry I'm coming off as mean, but to me this thread smacks of contempt. Eric has donated his time and talent to this application and I'll be damned if I'm going to let someone talk that way and go unchecked.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

You can upload images from a hosted loacation or from your hard drive.

*** However ***

If you have Macromedia Flash player 8, which is the most recent Flash player, the image hosting feature will probably not work. To find out which Flash player version you have on your PC, right click anywhere on the Guitar generator, and it should say "About Macromedia Flash Player X", where X is the version number.

In Flash Player 8, Macromedia has implemented a host of "security" features that prevent cross-domain data sharing. For example, if you were able to upload a picture to the www.JCFonline.com domian (which you can't), that would be permissable, as the image is found in the same domain where the generator is hosted. However, trying to upload an image from photobucket or from your hard drive is not allowed, as it crosses domains. You can supposedly configure the Flash player on your PC to allow this, although I have not had any luck getting it to work.

The generator is currently in the middle of a major overhaul. I have a few otrher things to try to correct this, although given the increased security checks that browsers, Windows, etc. introduce, a fix for Flash 8 could conceviably be voided by the next Flash player or Windows update.

The next release of the generator will be available on CD. This CD version will not have the Graphics load problem, as long as your images are located on your hard drive. This is because the Generator and your images will be on the same "domain" (your PC).

In short, don't blame me. Blame the people out there who write the viruses that demand increased security when browsing online content.

P.S.: If your running Flash 7 or lower, it works just fine.

- The Developer
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

You sir, rock.
                |My CSG gallery|
                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Maybe just a little.

- E.

Comment

I have Flash version 8 and don't have any problems loading images. I haven't changed the security settings at all.
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I have Flash version 8 and don't have any problems loading images. I haven't changed the security settings at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I soon as I loaded Flash Player 8, the feature stopped working for me unless I was running the generator from my hard drive, or unless I was running the generator from my site and using images hosted from my site.

Must be some other factors as well. It may just turn out to be one of those things where if you need to use that feature, you'll have to get the CD.

- E.

Comment

I looked at all my settings I can't find anywhere that would turn this 'feature' on or off. I'll try it on my laptop at some point and see if I get different results. It has Flash 8 as well. Interesting to say the least.
                        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

It's hard to keep up with all of the Windows, Flash, and Internet Explorer security crap as of late. Something as simple as the JavaScript that controls button rollovers will trip IE's security warning if you are running the web page from a CD (pretty typical for some of my day-job projects). I mean, thanks for giving us all of these cool development tools and setting such high standards for web design, and then pulling the rug out from underneath us because all of that cool stuff has now been deemed a security hazard.

Some days, I just wish I worked at a box factory.

- E.

Comment

Alex your sir, deserve a beer or three. Any idea on price for the CSG CD?
                            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Initial thought is 15.00.

Time frame is uncertain for right now. It is still a little ways off.

- E.

Comment

Working...
                              X