Custom Shop Generator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom Shop Generator question

I'm plenty of us will buy a copy, just as a 'thank you.' Sign me up anyway.

Luckily I do the admin at work or that URL would pbly get blocked. lol
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I'm plenty of us will buy a copy, just as a 'thank you.' Sign me up anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I would appreciate that. I am trying to make certain it will be worth everyone's while.

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I tried this on my laptop with Firefox 1.5.0.1 and IE 6 with Flash 8 on Windows XP. I loaded the generator and could not bring up the image in Firefox. I openend a new tab and typed in the URL to double check I had typed it correctly. I had, when I went back to the generator window the image was there.

Same thing with IE. So, if the image doesn't load try loading the image in a seperate window first. I don't remember but I am guessing I pulled up the image first on my desktop to make sure I had the URL.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Damn, I will buy that in a hearbeat. Let me also chime in with a huge "Thanks" for such an awesome program. The fact that you did this on your own dime and time is greatly appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by etrombley
            Initial thought is 15.00.

Time frame is uncertain for right now. It is still a little ways off.

- E.
            Cool & definately worth it.

Just out of curiosity, as I am sure, you have thought of these situations/issues:
            Will the program be run from the CD, or downloaded off the CD onto the harddrive?
            And wondering if future upgrades/versions will be downloaded off of a site or a new CD will need to be acquired?

Again the questions are out of curiosity.
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

how do u get pics off the custom shop generator? I know you guys have how to for PCs but I've go a mac, so can you help me out.

Comment

sorry i accdentally replied twice and i don't know how to delete on the the new and improved jcf.
                Last edited by Brick; 04-01-2006, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Are you running os9 or 10?

On 9 (as well as 10 I believe) press [Shift][Apple][4], oh wait that key is called Command these days isn't it? That will (if I'm remembering correctly) give you a crosshair - draw a box around what you want and it either copies it to the clipboard or puts it in the root of your hard drive i forget which.

On 10 you can also use the Grab utility.

Or rather than my half-remembered drunken guesses try this stuff and thank your local Google representative.

For Mac OS9: Apple’s screen capture is a bit different. Shift + Command + 3 will take a snapshot of the desktop as is, and leave “Picture 1.PICT” file in the root directory of the hard drive. Shift + Command + 4 will give you a crosshair to drag around to capture segments; this will also leave a PICT in the hard drive. Caps Lock + Shift + Command + 4 will grab a window, and Shift + Control + Command + 3 will take a shot of the whole screen and have the image ready to paste into an open document instead of copying it to the hard drive.
                  For Mac OSX: Any of the methods for MacOS work the same in OSX, except that the final image is pasted onto the desktop as a TIFF file. There is also a small utility called Grab in the Utilities Folder that has a few, slightly more advanced functions. For the serious screen capturer, it might be worth investigating.
                  |My CSG gallery|
                  (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by Hamner1
                    Cool & definately worth it.

Just out of curiosity, as I am sure, you have thought of these situations/issues:
                    Will the program be run from the CD, or downloaded off the CD onto the harddrive?
                    And wondering if future upgrades/versions will be downloaded off of a site or a new CD will need to be acquired?

Again the questions are out of curiosity.
                    The program will be designed to be run from the CD, but it should work fine if you move the files onto your hard drive.

As for updates, I will probably reissue everything on a new CD when the time comes. Although I could probably set up a "Pay for download" option on my web site. I haven't messed around with e-commerce stuff yet but it mught be fun to learn. That's how I developed the generator; I didn't know anything about Flash, Sully asked me if I'd do it, and I said I'd look into it. And here we are three years later.

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                    X