neck differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neck differences?

Just curious what are the differences between the speed neck and standard Sl-1 necks? I am assuming the speed neck is abit thinnner but not as thin as say an Ibanez Wizard neck right?

Re: neck differences?

The speed neck is listed as .015 inches thinner than an SL-1 neck at the 12th fret. A speed neck at the 12th fret is pretty much the same as a Wizard II neck which is 2mm thinner than the original Wizard neck.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      The speed neck is listed as .015 inches thinner than an SL-1 neck at the 12th fret. A speed neck at the 12th fret is pretty much the same as a Wizard II neck which is 2mm thinner than the original Wizard neck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the Wizard 2 neck was 2mm thicker than the Wizard neck? I have owned both and prefered the thicker Wizard 2 neck. I have played a Speed Neck, and didn`t like it as much as the current Soloist neck profile. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the Wizard 2 neck was 2mm thicker than the Wizard neck? I have owned both and prefered the thicker Wizard 2 neck. I have played a Speed Neck, and didn`t like it as much as the current Soloist neck profile. Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're correct. The II is thicker.
        If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I agree with Slayer, the standard Soloist neck feels better to me than the speed neck.

Rudy
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I have small hands (must be descended from "circus folk") and thought a speed neck would be perfect.

I thought wrong. Soloist neck profile worked out much better.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X