Newbie Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Introduction

Hi everyone,I just wanted to introduce myself before I start asking to many questions.

I'm 16 years old. I've played guitar since I was 12. My first experience w/ a Jackson was about a year ago on one day when my sister had to go get reeds for her clarinet. So my mom, my sister, and I go to the music store to get the reeds. While thats going on I decide to test out a new Marshall MG250DFX that the place just got. So I look at aguitar to test it out with and I see a Jackson Rhoads V. i believe it was the performer version(the one w/ the Floyd, black hardware, and no pickguard). I just feel in love w/ it. I asked how much it was and the clerk said it was $164.00. I couldn't believe that it was so low, but unfornately my mother couldn't afford it at that date in time. I decided to work to get it, but once I got the money to afford it it was already gone [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. After all that I started researching all kinds of Jackson/Charvel guitars and now I feel adeuate to say that I'm a jackson fanboy [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]. What made me really want a Jackson Rhoads V mostly though was the great young guitarist himself. I've been a Randy Rhoads fanboy since the day I picked up the guitar so naturally I'd want a guitar just like his.
    I now have a B.C. Rich Warlock that isn't as great, but is pretty good. I play mostly metal music(thrash is want I prefer aboive all else), but I often bust out my acoustic and play a little classical.

-KingV

Re: Newbie Introduction

Welcome aboard. Your story sounds similar to mine (starting at 12, getting hooked a year ago). Aside from that, what's your icon? I've seen like 10 different people with it.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Welcome to the board!

Comment

This will sound real newbie, but what are the icons? I know what an avatar is, but what is the icon? And to clarify I made this post because I didn't want to lose my accoun. I would have introduced my self later, but once I had my KV, which I will be ordering soon and than recieving sooner hopefully : )

Comment

I suppose avatar is the actual term. I just refer to it as an icon since they're like the same thing. In other words, the picture underneath your user name.
          If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I think its a stock avatar

Comment

PS Welcome aboard KingV

Comment

Hi!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the board,KV...Hope you get the new one soon...
                  Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Hi there. Welcome aboard

Comment

KingV, its great to hear a 16 year old appreciates Rhoads! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      Welcome aboard.

Rudy
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Welcome. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Hello and Welcome. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

EJ

Comment

Welcome,pull up a chair and enjoy. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, cool intro story, KingV, and a great screen name also! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Which Jackson model are you getting?

(I got 2 King Vs and a Rhoads)
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X