Dinky DK25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky DK25

i'm looking at this guitar but I the specs aren't on the jackson site. So I was wondering what some of the specs are and what you guys can tell me about this model. I know it has a sustainer thats why i will it. But is it a bolt on neck?

Re: Dinky DK25

I think you're referring to the DK2S < "S" for sustainer, which is the sustainiac stealth plus model if I'm not mistakin (acts as a neck pup when not turned on). Other than that, the guitar is a standard DK2, bold-on neck, Duncan Designed pups, chrome hardware, JT580LP vibrato, rosewood board, maple neck, alder body, etc. I used to own 2 of them. Nice guitars, and the sustainiac works wonderfully. You can switch between harmonic, fake harmonic, or a blend of the two.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Re: Dinky DK25

Oh, and I just noticed something cool on the Sustainac website at http://www.sustainiac.com/ ... if you have a DK2S, you get a FREE upgrade. See:

We have made an improvement to these sustainer models. The improvement mainly affects guitars with extra hot bridge pickups, and also guitars with 24 frets. The improvement makes the first string harmonic mode work much better. On most guitars with these characteristics, harmonic mode performance will be noticeably better over the whole fretboard, particularly the difficult first string. Expect a smoother and more musical "fade-in" of the upper string harmonics. We strongly recommend the upgrade to all Jackson DK-2S owners. If your Stealth Plus already has good first string response, we don't recommend the upgrade. Most 21/22 fret guitars having standard output bridge humbuckers or single coil pickups won't really nead it. But, if you have a sluggish harmonic mode, then we recommend that you give this a try.

We will do the upgrade free if you have purchased your Stealth Plus or Jackson guitar since June 1, 2004. If you purchased before June 1, 2004, we will charge $30 for the upgrade. To get this upgrade, do the following:

1. Remove the 9-volt battery.
      2. Unplug your circuit board from your guitar electronics cavity.
      3. Unsolder the two 9-volt battery wires, and also the three driver wires. There is an installation drawing on this site (installation section) that shows how to hook everything back up.
      4. Wrap the circuit board in aluminum foil to prevent electrostatic discharge from your body from damaging the circuit components.
      5. Ship the board, with a check for $30, to Maniac Music, 3937 Cranbrook Drive, Indianapolis IN 46240. Be sure to include your name and address.

Comment

Re: Dinky DK2S

cool opps on the typeo. how good are the pickups? and whats general price range?

Comment

They're anywhere from $350 to $500 depending on the dealer, I think. I've seen them on the Bay for about $400. Duncan designeds are okay, in my opinion, but the Sustainiac is top-o-the-line.

Comment

the 2006 version of the dk2s has real duncans. the dk2m is £100 more expensive than the 2005 dk2, so i expect it'll be around £600 for the new dk2s. of course usa customers don't get bullshit tax so it will be cheaper for you guys.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

not even dude i live in canada we have 15% tax [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. thats Great that they new ones have the real duncan's but what model are they? i would asume not as good as the ones on the usa models.

Comment

no import will ever be as good as a usa select or custom. the subtle difference between the new imports and old is that they all have better trems and most have real seymour duncans or emg's. the x-series imports retain the stock pups but still get improved trems. usa's just have better spec in general.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I suspect that the new DK2S would have a Duncan JB in the bridge, not sure about the single coil slot. That's what the DK2M will have.
                  sigpic

Comment

Single coil will most likely be the same on the new DK2 guitars, which I'm not sure what that is, but probably the same as what's on the SL1 guitars, and I'm not sure what that is, either. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

The bridge pup on the DK2S is the Duncan TB-4 (JB). The middle is the STK-1, and the neck is the sustaniac.
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

is the floating bridge receded ?

Comment

Recessed? Yes.

Hey, Brick, w/ 194 posts you should no longer be a Junior Member (unless you're being punished) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yeah i didn't know that that was about and if i'm being punished i'd like to know why. If did somthing bad i didn't mean to [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X