Jacksons for rhythm playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacksons for rhythm playing?

I know Jacksons are known as shred guitars, but what about using one for rhythm playing? I have small hands, and the necks are appealing. Any thoughts, or recommendations? Thanks.

Re: Jacksons for rhythm playing?

i play them for rythym all the time!!! i only solo a few seconds in each song....i am chordin' and riffin' the rest of the time!!! go for it. you will be pleased.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

absolutely useless for rhythm playing. Which is why most Jackson users will have a guitar tech standing to one side to quickly hand them their Jackson come Solo Time, and then hand their "rhythm" guitar back to them for the rest of the song.

Where it gets particularly difficult is when you want to play lead fills during verses - it might actually be easier to have your "lead guitar" on a stand, like Yngwie does with his acoustic. Something like >this< should work alright. Then you can throw your rhythm guitar behind your back and step up to your Jackson in its stand to throw a smoking lead lick in behind your singer [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          absolutely useless for rhythm playing. Which is why most Jackson users will have a guitar tech standing to one side to quickly hand them their Jackson come Solo Time, and then hand their "rhythm" guitar back to them for the rest of the song.

Where it gets particularly difficult is when you want to play lead fills during verses - it might actually be easier to have your "lead guitar" on a stand, like Yngwie does with his acoustic. Something like &gt;this&lt; should work alright. Then you can throw your rhythm guitar behind your back and step up to your Jackson in its stand to throw a smoking lead lick in behind your singer [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Thanks for the help. That was so funny. I'm still laughing! Man...you should move to Hollywood, and start writing comedies. I don't know if I've ever read anything that funny before. Keep up the good work. Keep reaching for the stars.

Comment

Please don't puff up Vitamin's head anymore than it already is. He's already impossible to deal with! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Personally I'd prefer a half Gibson / half Jackson doubleneck: Gibson neck for rhythm, Jackson neck for lead. Inquire with the good Dr. Newcenstein and his table saw about getting one built (hey anyone that could create the Halford could surely pull this off). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I know Jacksons are known as shred guitars, but what about using one for rhythm playing? I have small hands, and the necks are appealing. Any thoughts, or recommendations? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

90% of what almost any guitarist does in any band setting is rhythm playing... picking a guitar "specifically" for leads is an asinine concept IMO [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But VG is once again chief Comedy relief officer [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

even if you have shred solos in your songs most of the time your playing rhythm anyways.

Comment

i play rythem most of the time for my band with my king v, and its great, yea jacksons can shred when you want them to, but i think they are great for rythm to. i feel the rythem/lead comes more from the amp or pickups than anything.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      i play rythem most of the time for my band with my king v, and its great, yea jacksons can shred when you want them to, but i think they are great for rythm to. i feel the rythem/lead comes more from the amp or pickups than anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wong...It comes from the soul..So, if you want it,sign yours away here_________________________.
                      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wong...It comes from the soul..So, if you want it,sign yours away here_________________________.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

hahaha! he called you Wong.....

Comment

I installed a Rhythm/Shred kit on one of my axes and so far I love it. Before that, it shredded ok, but I had to do a lot of tweaking of the knobs and truss rod to get a decent rhythm tone out of it. Now, I just flip the switch and whammo!....instant rhythm tone! It even automatically adjusts the volume! I've heard that if you turn the volume knob full clockwise and back three times, and click the switch from "off" to "shred" 4 times very quickly it'll automatically sense the neck tension, and adjust the truss rod accordingly with your string gauge. I'm still reading through the manual though.

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              hahaha! he called you Wong.....

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X