Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for a Possible New JCS Logo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for a Possible New JCS Logo?

I think it would be cool for the Jackson Custom Shop to have a nice logo. I don't like the current "Custom Shop" lettering added to Custom Shop headstocks (I think the font looks generic, and the placement looks crowded - especially when it goes to 2 lines). I really like the Fender Custom Shop back-of-the-headstock logo, and since Jackson is now an FMIC company, how about a version similar to that? I have no Photoshop skills, but I'll get the ball rolling with this:

Now how 'bout some creative ideas from the Photoshop wizards out there, with maybe some barbed wire added or something? [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Re: New Jackson Custom Shop Logo

Wouldn't it be best to change your title to reflect that this is your version of the Jackson Custom Shop logo and not the initial impression of this being an official change?
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Suggestions for a possible new JCS logo?

OK.

Comment

Re: Suggestions for a possible new JCS logo?

I think without knowing how Jackson and Charvel intend to position themselves in the market place over the next decade, it's all just wishful thinking and pretty pictures. There's a Jackson brand. There's a Charvel brand. There's a custom shop that will put either logo on the headstock. Currently it's a bit of a suffix and it's optional as to whether you want it on your guitar. Also, posting unsolicited ideas on the net (or anywhere for that matter) can open up a legal can of worms because that company can more than likely take your ideas and not pay you.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I think without knowing how Jackson and Charvel intend to position themselves in the market place over the next decade, it's all just wishful thinking and pretty pictures. There's a Jackson brand. There's a Charvel brand. There's a custom shop that will put either logo on the headstock. Currently it's a bit of a suffix and it's optional as to whether you want it on your guitar. Also, posting unsolicited ideas on the net (or anywhere for that matter) can open up a legal can of worms because that company can more than likely take your ideas and not pay you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, I just wanted him to state that this was his idea so that members don't skim his thread thinking that he's got an inside line on some change.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Supply your own artwork of what logo and writing you want on your custom guitar... they'll do it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Why would we want a Jackson logo to look like a Fender logo? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Why would we want a Jackson logo to look like a Fender logo? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or even the tailgate of a 57 Chevy wagon! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Silly idea, just let Jackson be Jackson. Maybe you can get ESP to do something cool! [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Anybody seen that movie Dumb And Dumber?
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I don't think it's a bad idea. The "Custom Shop" currently written after the Jackson logo is kind of generic. The notion of a "Jackson Custom Shop" logo on the back of the headstock (or on the face) could be worth looking into. How about something like the old Jackson Charvel circular neon sign, retooled to designate it a Custom Shop guitar, stamped onto the back of the headstock?

Not that it's of any real concern to me. It'll be a very long time (and a cold day in hell if my wife has her say) before I look to get anything built by the CS.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            How about something like the old Jackson Charvel circular neon sign, retooled to designate it a Custom Shop guitar, stamped onto the back of the headstock?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great idea. I personally don't like the "custom shop" on the front at all. I think it looks a bit tacky.

Comment

Its a cool idea, but the powers at be are in control. Some kinda stamping on the back of the headstock would be a much cleaner look for the front of the headstock...

+1 for your idea

Comment

Working...
                              X