Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for a Possible New JCS Logo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggestions for a possible new JCS logo?

Personally, I am waiting for the day when I can own a guitar with the "tacky" custom shop logo on the front. I love it..and want one!!

Comment

i wouldnt want them to change a thing! keep tradition alive.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        Why would we want a Jackson logo to look like a Fender logo? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or even the tailgate of a 57 Chevy wagon! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

That's what I was thinking....

"hey.. it's not the fifties anymore!!!!111!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I don't think it's a bad idea. The "Custom Shop" currently written after the Jackson logo is kind of generic. The notion of a "Jackson Custom Shop" logo on the back of the headstock (or on the face) could be worth looking into. How about something like the old Jackson Charvel circular neon sign, retooled to designate it a Custom Shop guitar, stamped onto the back of the headstock?

[/ QUOTE ]
          +1 on all counts! I think that is a great idea! Would look awesome.

Comment

Since its meant to be a "custom" shop after all It might be cool if they give people an option on how they want their custom shop to be recognised, if at all. If people dont like the headstock lettering they can have a stamp on the back of the neck or someting. More choice is never a bad thing!
            If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

I believe if you specify that you don't want a custom shop logo they will not put one on the headstock.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I believe if you specify that you don't want a custom shop logo they will not put one on the headstock.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true, at least for Charvel, I have a guitar coming from the Custom Shop I specified with no Custom Shop Logo

I personally would like it to have one but not the afterthought-like type they are currently using

Comment

What next? Vista Cruiser windows in the cases???
                  Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

I like the current CS logo, and I like it on the face of the HS, where it can be seen and commented on.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

As stated in my original post, the Jacksonized Fender logo was just an idea to get the ball rolling. My point is, the JCS doesn't really have much of a logo right now IMO, and I think it would be cool if they did. Another idea would be a woodburn logo branded into the back of the headstock, kinda like the old Jackson "woodburn" necks.

Comment

Unless they started my CS Soloist, I asked my dealer to change it on my form to No Custom Shop on the headstock, anywhere and I changed the pickup from an EMG 81 to a Bill and Becky BL L500XL pickup, these pickups scream!! Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I like the current CS logo, and I like it on the face of the HS, where it can be seen and commented on.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 ,it's a point of pride,I like it.

Comment

Yeah make sure they get the right BL L500XL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Plus the fact that it's proof that you have been very, very patient! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I have both of my Custom Shop guitars having the "Made in USA" and "Custom Shop" logos on the back of the headstock...

That way it's there, but not visible from the front.... as if there would be any mistake that either of my guitars AREN'T totally custom... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X