Before this gets out of hand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before this gets out of hand...

Just because the e-mail went out to prompt you to post or lose your account, you are not exempt from knowing the rules of the board. Please review the rules to avoid making mistakes that will cost you the very account you're posting to retain.

So before you post something like, "I don't know if this is against the rules...", check the rules and be sure that it isn't.
    Occupy JCF

Re: Before this gets out of hand...

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

So I guess this means we will see alot of "I have been a lurking non contributing member for a while now so this is my first (and only) post because I don't want to be kicked off the board that I contribute NOTHING to".
      Why join a board and just read and NEVER post?
      Becoming an active member of this board has helped me become a better musician all around.

Comment

Well, in this section alone there's an overabundance of 'noob' posts.

That's why it was done though. To get the lurkers out of the woodwork, to have them be a part of the community. However on the flip side of it we're going to have people who seem to ignore the rules. So this is just a friendly reminder that they are just as responsible for understanding and following the rules as the more established members are.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah, how about some of the "old" guys who left, got the recent email from Kevin, and now they just go to the Classifieds to pimp their gear and not contribute any more? Why bother keeping your membership if that's all you want to do here?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Good point there, joejam.
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

sometimes people just don't have much to say or contribute... I for one rather keep silent than post something retarded... euh wait... too late? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

no, seriously... just don't have that much to say I guess, but I do love to read all the wisdom gathered here [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Ban the lurkers. I'm all for it. A community is give and take. Not just "take".

Comment

Well, we don't want to ban the lurkers. Those lurkers may have some bit of information that will be valuable to the board. Once some things shake out everyone's participation will be even more important that it is now.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

I agree about not banning the lurkers. I lurk for the most part. Why? I am learning (don't ask how long I've been trying to learn) to play the guitar, so I have VERY little to contribute to the other accomplished axe slingers on this board. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I could participate by asking questions, but I can usually find that the question was already asked and answered. Don't want to be clogging up the board with old stuff.

I just make funny comments (at least I hope they're funny), or on the rare occasion I have something to add to the discussion, then I join in - and unfortunately, it is not usually guitar related.

Comment

Damn anarchists.
                      If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I agree about not banning the lurkers. I lurk for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

260-ish posts does not = a "lurker". [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm talking about people with extremely low post counts. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] i.e., People who almost never participate.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          260-ish posts does not = a "lurker". [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm talking about people with extremely low post counts. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] i.e., People who almost never participate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering his registration date, that's about two posts a week on the average. I'd call that a lurker.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering his registration date, that's about two posts a week on the average. I'd call that a lurker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not everyone can average just under 4 posts a day. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] (in all fairness, mine is just over 9)

A lurker is someone who never posts or posts once or twice over the extent of their stay here at the JCF. This is the group of people that we're trying to stimulate into getting involved.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

AS some one who has just joined the boards. Its not always taht easy to think of something to contribute. Especially when people who know a lot more about guitars have already posted a lot. I suppose people could be afraid of saying something stupid?
                              If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

Working...
                              X