No announcement yet.

Custom Shop orders with happy endings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop orders with happy endings?

Let's here about some good CS experiences! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img](pics too)

Re: Custom Shop orders with happy endings?

Hopefully in a month I'll be able to provide one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Here goes, copy/paste from my post in the US section [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      [ QUOTE ]
      First the pix, then, the talk [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

---
      Well, they pretty much nailed it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] My only grief is that there was a misunderstanding between me and them, and I didn't expect this red switch to pop on my axe, but I'm getting comfy with it now, I don't mind it at all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The choice of pickup wasn't the best, I must admit, the guitar is maple neck through alder wings with plain maple top, so it already has a lot of bite to it, and the trebly side of the BL500XL is quite prominent on it, so I changed it (yeah, already) to a SD SH8(b) and it rocks, exactly the sound I'm after, high gain, not too clean, no too bassy or trebly...
      The oiled neck feels great and the plain ebony fretboard is beautiful (as well as more than playable [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])...
      I'm very very happy with it and I'm already considering getting her twin sister but with different wood choice (Mahogany with maple top probably hehehe).
      I'm also very happy with the archtop and the finish... All in all this guitar stands as a multiple hommage to axemen I dig, such as Randy for the crossroad between a LP (archtop) and well, obviously, an RR, Dime, with the color (yeah, it might sound/seem ridiculous but that's how I see it), and our own Kevin Bond for the general Layout (well except the floyd), before trying the KB sig, I didn't think I'd dig a 1 hum setup...

Thanks and hats off to the CS and Matt for everything, it rocks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

so 'till I order and receive the mahogany twin, I'll be playing this one [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

P.S. and sorry the pics aren't very good, but the sun wasn't there this afternoon in Paris.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

My story is bitter-sweet.

In a nutshell...I ordered my DeathWarrior through a former dealer-friend of the JCF. I can say I know why he's a "FORMER" dealer/friend. Other than that...my order didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. The day arrived, and I nearly peed myself while I tore into the package, and finally into the case. It was perfect...just as I ordered it. Nothing out of place, nothing askew. Workmanship was impeccable. To make it bittersweet...as my divorce was looming, I had to let her go as finacial difficulties set in.

Comment

ouch...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            ouch...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....it hurt in a big way. I lost sleep when making the decision to part with her, and when I finally did...I slipped into a bit of a depression for a while.

Comment

Hey Hellswrath - Sweet Axe. Normally I am not a big fan of Tobacco Sunburts, but on that one [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

What do you mean about the switch "popping". As in the way it toggles or as in the way it sounds when depressed.

Comment

as in "oh, so that's the switch they were telling me about..."
                haha.

Comment

You can read about my happy ending here.

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post613023
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I got a great guitar from them - am very happy with it. Best guitar I have ever played.

But its work no doubt to get it right. There are just so many things you have to specify - don't assume they will do something the way you want if you don't spell out what you expect. If you don't tell them every detail they will do it the way they want.

So you have to tell them where to put the knobs for example - every little detail.
                    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I've had several happy endings. Been satisfied with every custom guitar I've gotten.

That said, there are definitely some "process"-type things that need improvement. Specifically, attentiveness to detail and turn-around times for getting final work orders, and post-completion shipping delays. I've been told these these things are being looked at and/or worked on, though, so we'll see how that develops.

Comment

Seems that with the last few orders that went out to JCFers, the time between final inspection to shipping has been decreased. Hopefully thats not just an isolated incident. Its just silly for a guitar to sit awaiting shipping for more than a month.

Comment

Don't count your chickens just yet. Still waiting for one right now. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X