Gallery submissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gallery submissions

we have no plans on revamping the gallery. just adding to it.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      we are looking at updating our software for the board

[/ QUOTE ]

NOt sure if it just me but the "search" engine is really bad. If I submit my search incorrectly I have to wait 5 minutes before submitting a new one

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

We're aware of the search function problems. This is one of the items we're hoping to correct with the software update.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          Out of interest, are we going to be able to search the new gallery? Quite often ive just wanted pictures of a finish or graphic, and at present ive had to trawl through the lot just to find them (unless i missed something!).

[/ QUOTE ]

Just having good descriptions of each instrument would help. You can always do a text search in your browser, but if the specs aren't properly described, there isn't much to search.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is the responsibility of the person making the submission. I've always tried to provide a good description of any guitars I have in there, and the admins have always included the description with my pics. Some folks seem to just send a pic of the guitar with minimal information. It's not the admins' job to research the guitars submitted to the Gallery.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

yep. when i was doing the gallery way back in the summer of'74, i'd copy and paste pretty much whatever description i got from the owner. the more detail (and pix) i got, the more that went in there.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, you had internet service in '74? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

yeah...him and al gore invented the net together way back then...lol...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Um ..it isn't going to be a "new" gallery ..nothing will change other than all admins will be able to access submissions

[/ QUOTE ]

OK Kev, what's up with the "Mayday" thing??? Maybe I just haven't noticed it until now, but I'm honored! Did you do that just because my birthday is May 1st? Man, I had no idea you looked up to me that much! Man, you know I love you too. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

"Mayday" Mark 2002 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Didn't know you were 4 years old there Marky! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Oh thanks a bunch Ronny!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

heh .. Mayday got coined by Atomic Tommy and it kind of stuck ..When I started machining some hard tails for Sully we etched them with a logo "Maydaypahts"
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          Out of interest, are we going to be able to search the new gallery? Quite often ive just wanted pictures of a finish or graphic, and at present ive had to trawl through the lot just to find them (unless i missed something!).

[/ QUOTE ]

Just having good descriptions of each instrument would help. You can always do a text search in your browser, but if the specs aren't properly described, there isn't much to search.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is the responsibility of the person making the submission. I've always tried to provide a good description of any guitars I have in there, and the admins have always included the description with my pics. Some folks seem to just send a pic of the guitar with minimal information. It's not the admins' job to research the guitars submitted to the Gallery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It might be a good idea the emphasize the importance of detailed descriptions. Just my two modest cents.

Comment

Working...
                          X