Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the new and improved JCF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mayday
    The old board did not work perfectly... We had constant script errors and crashes daily. The search function didn't work properly either.

The no Reply Classifieds may not be a popular thing but it works well. It get's rid of the comments that tend to clutter and sometimes even take shots at what ever is being sold ...

How many time have we read... Awww if it only had a floyd..
    I think it's great, they finally got rid of the ability to add comments in the classifieds. This was one of the few sites I am a member of that you could, and it seemed to serve no purpose, except to throw your add off subject. Good Call.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

• Every time we've changed there's always a period of adjustment, and always, something or other that's gone that we got used to using. The main thing that counts is that the content is here.

As for Classifieds, yeah it was fun to post on those threads but not re4ally necessary with PM and email available. It did bump people's ads for them, so maybe the 1-per-day bump alloted the thread poster just before the change could be reconsidered? Just a thought...

Time display? You have to set the time to correct for Daylight Savings Time. I learned that the hard way, going through a WTF? before I got it.

In a couple weeks we'll all be settled back in and it'll be back to normal feel for us.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• Hey Kev, just for old times sake why dont you guys put up that hideous picture of the sillouettes of the Jackson headstocks in front of the red and white rising sun graphic on the main page again? It was certainly an attention-grabber!

Comment

• I think its a step in the right direction,It reminds me of the Seymour duncan forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandman0170
            I can change it back to your old name if you'd like. This software doesnt use separate login and display names, and because there were duplicate display names on the UBB forums i had to migrate the login names instead. As far as firefox...that what ive been testing this on the whole time...
            Well, considering the fact that I haven't listened to Metallica AT ALL for several years, the old name was outdated anyway. I want to keep my current name.

Since yesterday evening it works for me in Firefox as well, so no more complaints at all.

I already start to like it...

EDIT: Oh, and I finally got my gold member status... I still remember that feature being taken away shortly before I reached 500 posts.
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

• I understand the reasons for the new version, and understand some of the better features, but each time I log on I get a headache looking at the layout. I used to spend a lot of time reading the threads. Now I click over the header, read the extra text, then move to the next bold/new topic, etc, and in only a couple minutes I'm done, and my headache's worse, so I log off. It's probably just me, but I liked the visuals/layout of the old board and never liked the visuals/layout of the other boards out there. Now this one is like the others I didn't like. I hope I get used to it, as I enjoyed 'relaxing' at the forum in the past...but now I don't!

Comment

• I love it! The SEARCH WORKS NOW!!!! I frequent several other boards with this same software and it rocks.
                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

• Originally posted by lerxstcat
                  Time display? You have to set the time to correct for Daylight Savings Time. I learned that the hard way, going through a WTF? before I got it.
                  Yeah i know... i gotta figure out whats up with the time, the dst adjustments arnt working right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday
                    The no Reply Classifieds may not be a popular thing but it works well. It get's rid of the comments that tend to clutter and sometimes even take shots at what ever is being sold .
                    Great move, IMHO.

Comment

• I think one of the main problems with the new layout (being too crowded) is that when viewing the list of posts, the author name is placed below the subject line. Not good. See how prosoundweb.com does it in the second pic below:

Also, take a look at our Tech forum. Way too many sticky's. I think we need a new way to show them - subdivide them somehow. Can't we have an Expand/Collapse function on one subject line called "Sticky's" ?
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

• I like that suggestion a lot, actually. Not sure if it's possible with the new software, but that would greatly improve the ability to scan through post titles. Makes it seem a lot less cluttered, and easier to navigate.

Comment

• I agree about the tech forum... it should have a non-writable "How To:" Subforum for all the stickies...
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• It sure depends on what angle you look at the screen. I'm still moving it to get the different shades of black.
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

• Tech forum stickies are to be transposed into the resource pages ..
                              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

• Sounds good!
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X