Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the new and improved JCF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thetroy, I knew I dig my new style
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• i'm having a hard time reading and navigating the new layout.
      it definately not as dumby friendly as the old one.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

• Hmm.. gives me "remote file too large" when I try to set my avatar. It's just not THAT big!

Anyway, first impression is that things look way too cluttered, but most likely it will grow on me.

Comment

• Holy Crap!
          Look how big I can type!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by neilli
            I could happily live without coloured text: To me it doesn't add anything, and it's distracting.....
            My apologies to you sir -
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bert
              Hmm.. gives me "remote file too large" when I try to set my avatar. It's just not THAT big!
              This is a much welcomed feature! Now we don't have to waste bandwidth on 200KB+ avatars everytime we want to read a post.

The new max is 7.8KB / 60x60 pixels
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

• I don't like the choice of font. Everything looks more spread out.
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bert
                  Hmm.. gives me "remote file too large" when I try to set my avatar. It's just not THAT big!

Anyway, first impression is that things look way too cluttered, but most likely it will grow on me.
                  i'm having the same problem.

i don't like the fact that i have to manually resize my avitar
                  THIS BLOWS!!!!

no sir, i don't like it.
                  its not fun to view and its not fun to post.

the old layout was WAY WAY BETTER!!!!

AND JESUS!, YOU CAN'T EVEN VIEW ALL THE PAGES IN A THREAD AT ONE TIME!!!!

PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Widow - "We have songs"

Comment

• Like many changes, it might take a little gettin' used to. But the software appears similar to two other boards that I participate in. However, the software doesn't matter as much as the content - this place is very informative and fun regardless of the board's look and that's what matters most to me.
                    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

• PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Well this is totally different software so going back isn't an option. What I would request is that you give us time to iron out things before you pass judgement as things will be evolving as we are able to address them ...

Thanks
                      Kev
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

• Okay.
                        I know that font size is hella annoying. I'm just playin' for now.

Comment

• also when the pages load all the blue header graphics appear for just a second then all disappear? that's why the pages lood weird to me. What happened to the emoticons? no more?
                          Kevin what software did you switch to? (BTW I am a senior software developer here in Boston in case you ever need any help with this stuff)
                          Last edited by kmanick; 03-30-2006, 08:48 AM.
                          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

• main features i liked about the old board:

1. the location, size, and visibility of the old "Main Page" link and associtated links.

2. the automatic resizing of avitars so that us non photoshop or paint progs users can just link a damn pic.

3. being able to view the whole thread on one page with the "view all" link for each thread.

4. the sticky icons and other indicator icons were way better and easier to understant there meaning.

5. the fact that you could just start typing in the old quick reply box and just hit submit was actually quick! (this having to scroll up and hit the little thing SUCKS!!! and doesn't make it "quick")

6. readability of the old page in general was so much better. i could always find what i was looking for at a glance. and not just because i knew where it was. because i could easily see everything and read everything and all the graphics and icons looked like what they were inted to do.
                            Last edited by Dreamland_Rebel; 03-30-2006, 09:00 AM.
                            Widow - "We have songs"

Comment

• went to the Vbulletin format, its the same as the Megadeth boards....

I think its a HUGE improvement

way to go!
                              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

• no complaints from me...nice work guys!!

-Mike
                                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X