This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for the classifieds...

I really miss the dialogue that used to go on in the classifieds. Yes, sometimes it got ridiculously off topic, but most of it seemed harmless to me. The replies to questions/comments almost always helped me learn more about the item for sale and also gave me an idea of the personality of the seller.

It would be great if somebody would moderate that area and just completely delete parts of posts that get totally off-topic. There would be some gray area here and there, but at least it wouldn't totally shut off all dialogue.

If that wouldn't work, how about this? When a seller gets a P.M., post the question and your reply. This would be similar to the question and answer part of Ebay. If a seller wants to post a question and their reply, they could do it. If not, then they could skip it. Is that within the rules of the board?

Overall, I find myself going to the classifies less and less. It just has a really cold atmosphere now. Not a good feeling when a person is considering dishing out their hard earned $$ for something.

while i don't completely agre or disagree, i know what you mean. i actually find my self posting less and less because the new format is confusing and visually distracting to me...
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Sorry Chad, it's not happening.. the classifeds are going to remain the way they are. This is a policy we wanted to be able to institute 2 years ago ..
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Yes, sometimes it got ridiculously off topic, but most of it seemed harmless to me. The replies to questions/comments almost always helped me learn more about the item for sale.
        I feel the same way, I learned a lot from the questions and answers in the post.

Comment

I liked it the old way too, but eh....what are ya gonna do?
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I think the idea of the seller adding any Q&As is a good compromise - it avoids the BS while keeping people informed of relevant info.....
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli
              I think the idea of the seller adding any Q&As is a good compromise - it avoids the BS while keeping people informed of relevant info.....
              agreed...
              Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly
                agreed...
                +1

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday
                  Sorry Chad, it's not happening.. the classifeds are going to remain the way they are. This is a policy we wanted to be able to institute 2 years ago ..

I am curious as to why they were changed. Was there alot of behind the scenes issues that we didn't know about?
                  The classifieds threads were possibly the most informative section of the JCF. Most of the other topics start with a pic or description of a guitar or amp and most of the replies are "cool guitar", "nice amp" etc.......
                  When a piece of gear was listed in the classifieds it might start out as a brief description but by the time the thread was over and the item was sold (or not sold) we pretty much knew what color underwear the person who built it was wearing. I... for one.. thought that was cool as heck.
                  That is a major reason I cruise Ebay. Not for buying or selling. For information.
                  Anyway, I won't piss up a rope on this one. I just wanted to put my .02 in. I'll still post like crazy.

Comment

We have had everything from cool guitar, wish I had the money, your charging to much to what a piece of shit ...
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I think it's great that no one is allowed to post except for the seller. If you get alot of questions about a guitar, do the Q&A thing like on Ebay, update your add. I've had more than one of my FS get sidelined and it's annoying.
                      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV
                        I think it's great that no one is allowed to post except for the seller. If you get alot of questions about a guitar, do the Q&A thing like on Ebay, update your add. I've had more than one of my FS get sidelined and it's annoying.
                        +1 IMHO, great move by the admins.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday
                          We have had everything from cool guitar, wish I had the money, your charging to much to what a piece of shit ...
                          You forgot the other popular ones...

"Will it do metal?"

"If it only had a Floyd"
                          "If it only was a hardtail"

I see your point....
                          Its ponderous (and thats not even a word)

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                            Its ponderous (and thats not even a word)

Main Entry: pon·der·ous
                            Pronunciation: 'pän-d(&-)r&s
                            Function: adjective
                            Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French pondereux, from Latin ponderosus, from ponder-, pondus weight
                            1 : of very great weight
                            2 : unwieldy or clumsy because of weight and size
                            3 : oppressively or unpleasantly dull : LIFELESS <ponderous prose>
                            synonym see HEAVY
                            - pon·der·ous·ly adverb
                            - pon·der·ous·ness noun

I like words too
                            Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

i think its good.. potential buyers should PM the seller anyway and the seller, depending on the question, might edit his ad with it..

cool with me
                              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Working...
                              X