• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superfly
    Main Entry: pon·der·ous
    Pronunciation: 'pän-d(&-)r&s
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French pondereux, from Latin ponderosus, from ponder-, pondus weight
    1 : of very great weight
    2 : unwieldy or clumsy because of weight and size
    3 : oppressively or unpleasantly dull : LIFELESS <ponderous prose>
    synonym see HEAVY
    - pon·der·ous·ly adverb
    - pon·der·ous·ness noun

I like words too
    You are da man.

Comment

now that's funny
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

rotf!

Comment

Don't forget, never argue with a fool.............
          "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday
            We have had everything from cool guitar, wish I had the money, your charging to much to what a piece of shit ...
            There was a rule against all that, but a bunch of guys were doing it anyway, so you can thank them.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
              There was a rule against all that, but a bunch of guys were doing it anyway, so you can thank them.
              Thanks Ron it read as follows ..

Do not derail other peoples classifieds. Unsolicited comments are not always welcome additions to someone trying to sell something. These types of posts will be deleted and continued infractions will be dealt with (lose access to the classifieds, banishment, etc) Also, please don't add your ad to someone else's; it's just as easy to make a new post as it is to reply to one.

Post an ad when you're sure you want to sell something, and include the price! In short, "I'm thinking about selling my..." threads will be removed. "Email for price" threads will be removed. Plain and simple, sell or don't. If this were a newspaper, you wouldn't waste the money or time having them print, "thinking about selling." If you want to entertain interest, take it to eBay, set your reserve ridiculously high and then be done with it.

Finally, we're calling an end to posts like "if it only had a" or "if I had the dough, I'd be all over this." it clutters up threads, adds no value, and quite honestly, is irritating as all hell. We've all been there, we all know what it's like. It's time to stop it.

If you have nothing to add of value to the thread, don't post! If you have questions, ask them, but "dude, that's sweet! I wish I had the dough, bro!!!" does NOT add value to the thread.
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

btw,is there a link to the classifieds?I cant find them on the forums or search...sorry,i know im overlooking something here.

Comment

That begs the question....why were those rules hardly ever enforced? I remember when I got classified access and read all those rules, then saw several people doing exactly the things they weren't supposed to be doing...and almost nothing was being done about it.

Comment

Originally posted by overboard
                    btw,is there a link to the classifieds?I cant find them on the forums or search...sorry,i know im overlooking something here.
                    You have to have at least 100 posts, then get admin approval.

Comment

Racer's right. There was too much; "I wish I had that one. Blah,Blah,Blah." The descripition on our classifieds should be even better than on E-Bay. The seller should get his PM'ed questions and adjust his post if necessary. I sell my 2 cents for 5 cents.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett
                        I sell my 2 cents for 5 cents.
                        oh man, if only it came in gold...
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
                          That begs the question....why were those rules hardly ever enforced? I remember when I got classified access and read all those rules, then saw several people doing exactly the things they weren't supposed to be doing...and almost nothing was being done about it.
                          Can't say nothing was being done, but our lives don't revolve around the board 24/7 either..We all have actual jobs and such so we don't always catch everything and we probably try and focus on the more severe issues. Regardless, the new software is in place and we are moving on. While I understand your dissapoinment in the new policy you also have to understand there are people on both sides of the line with this and we could give in to you and then there will be people who think THAT rule suxed .. Unfortunately as my cousin would always tell me.. "It is what it is"

Comment

Yeah you can't expect to make all 6000 of us (1300 regulars?) happy.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
                              I really miss the dialogue that used to go on in the classifieds. Yes, sometimes it got ridiculously off topic, but most of it seemed harmless to me. The replies to questions/comments almost always helped me learn more about the item for sale and also gave me an idea of the personality of the seller.

It would be great if somebody would moderate that area and just completely delete parts of posts that get totally off-topic. There would be some gray area here and there, but at least it wouldn't totally shut off all dialogue.

If that wouldn't work, how about this? When a seller gets a P.M., post the question and your reply. This would be similar to the question and answer part of Ebay. If a seller wants to post a question and their reply, they could do it. If not, then they could skip it. Is that within the rules of the board?

Overall, I find myself going to the classifies less and less. It just has a really cold atmosphere now. Not a good feeling when a person is considering dishing out their hard earned $$ for something.
                              I feel the same way, it was way more fun and intersting the only way, it is missing something now. I can already tell it is getting used less than before. Jack.

Comment

I fully respect the admin's decision to clean up the classifieds, but to call the old way overall irritating, i cannot understand. Yes, some of the threads were perhaps misplaced, but all in all there was a good mix of adds and interesting information from the viewers.

The classifieds has been optimized for the experienced buyer and seller. We can't deny that.
                                Henrik
                                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                                X