This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mayday
    Well that's news to me .. Hadn't seen that or discussed that .. The idea is people are supposed to delete their own ads tooand that hasn't been happenin
    http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52835
    "POOP"

Comment

• Anyways, back to the origonal topic at hand, the new classifieds...

I pretty much agree with jgcable. The old way was much more personable. For example, someone posts a guitar... doesent know all that much about it. Then the origonal owner chimes in and gives some cool history or whatnot on it, bam its sold. Or the simple fact that for some of the more unknowledgeable people (myself included), if there isnt any interest showin in an item, that would shy them away.

I just think public interaction is the BEST policy... Yeah theres gonna be some bullshit posts, it happens everywhere and I think by now just about everyone is used to it. This isnt my board though so this is just my opinion... but I KNOW it will definatley affect the classifieds... it has already slowed down a ton and will probably get worse.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol
        One thing about not being able to add a post to the classifieds is when a previous owner chimes in to vouch for the gear/seller,that to me will be missed. Since alot of the gear here tends to be passed back and forth between members it's nice to see a response from someone who once owned it and has some additional info. (Yes I do this when someone gets rid of something I sold to them,nothing wrong with helping someone out)

And as far as things like "Posting nice guitar or if it only has gold hardware,etc" adding no value,well hell,there are a million posts with the exact same lines all over other sections of the board.

The bumps are rather silly though,since most people here I would imagine have already seen the ad and aren't interested,don't have the cash,wife will castrate them ,etc.
        Well, if the seller didn't bump the ad, and you didn't check the Classifieds for a day, it'd be on page 2 or 3 and you might not know it was available. Not everyione looks past Page 1.

As for the comments we can't post, I have seen items for sale that I own the same thing (not the exact item, but same model) and PMed the seller to tell him some things he didn't know about it. Also I told him if anyone wanted a good reference on the item he could give them my name and have them PM me and I'd tell them how I liked it. Maybe a bit unwieldy, but if the admins are firm on this the information can still be exchanged.
        It takes the same amount of time to click on a member's username and send them a PM as it does to post to the thread. And all that traffic can be off the folder where it's less stuff for the admins to have to manage.

I miss the old way, too, but the Classifieds still serves its purpose as it is, and it is an awesome way to reach a lot of folks who like this gear. If it's easier for the admins, and not much extra effort for us to communicate by PM and email, then that's okay. Imagine how often before, the admins would get emailed by sellers saying "So-and-so jacked my thread saying I was high asking that much! Now EVERYBODY'S saying I want too much!".

Then they'd have to try and put out a fire, originating in a section that they shouldn't even have to deal with. The section is a courtesy for us, they shouldn't be responsible for the deals we make. We're all grownups
        here (well mostly!) and should take the inch and not ask for the mile. We'll get used to it and for all we know the actual results may be better.
        Maybe only those who're actually interested will respond to the ads; we got lotsa tire-kickers before.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• I'm still not digging the new classifieds section. There is no interaction which was the most enjoyable and informative part of the JCF.
          Its not personal anymore. Its basically craigslist or harmony central.
          PM'ng questions, waiting for a response, not knowing if it was read or if it will be responded to and not knowing where classifieds items are ending up sucks.
          I respectfully and publically ask the admins to change it back to the way it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hyperfuzz[B
            Glad it worked out for you. I guess the "others" didn't pray hard enough....Luckily, you have the grace of god....too bad the "others" didn't.[/B]
            The dude is thankful that he survived a bad storm and you post this?

That's really great of you to make your political point at the expense of people who died in a storm.

Comment

• any of you guys have a phone call with someone who doesn't shut up and you're completely not interested, so you put the phone down, walk away, and when you come back minutes later, they're still yammering on about shit? you wanna tell them to STFU and get over it, but you also don't really care that much to get involved? that's what this thread is like.

yeah, it's different, but it's not changing back. the only way i'd be semi interested in changing it back would be that everyone agrees that anyone who posts retarded shit like "sweet guitar bro!" or "oh man, if it only had a floyd" or "oh man, why do i have to be broke right now?" gets banned, no questions asked. i'd of course have to change the name of the forum to "sully's shooting gallery" as well, but that's minor.

be the reed that bends in the wind, boys. it's very zen-like.
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
              X