Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Quote Generator?

Hey fellas,

I was checking the custom quote generator on the Jackson site and was wondering if someone knew the answer to this. I might be coming into some money very soon and was looking at a few options, a custom Charvel and maybe even a custom Jackson at the same time. I wrote up whatever specs for the Charvel on that not realizing, duh, it's Jackson prices. Are those prices inaccurate or still somewhat right on? I was checking the new price list and the Charvel I was cooking up came out much more expensive than I thought, and the Jackson price list didn't have the custom options (might have missed em though). I'm talking about a good $900-1000 more list. Were those the price increases FMIC did and the custom quote generator was not updated or do I just have to contact a dealer to get my quotes. I don't want to put the cart before the horse and contact them, or waste their time because the money I might be coming into is still a month or two away, but I wanted a general idea. If it's inaccurate, how can I get a general idea? Is most dealers price half off list and 20% above or something like that? Any dealers please feel free to let me know at least how things are generally priced, not your discounted price for us so I can at least figure what I'm looking at. Thanks for any help

- Irfaan -

Oh yah, and just for the hell of it, this is what I'm probably going for:

I created this the last time the custom generator got an upgrade and always wanted to give this a go

Well, both Jackson and Charvel are made by the same company. Why would they have two different pricing policies?

The custom quote form is probably just as severly outdated as the rest of the webpage, but it should give you a ballpark figure of what the retail price should be.

Oh, and...that's a classy avatar, sir!

Comment

Fender and Gretsch have different pricing "policies".
      Jackson and Guild have different pricing "policies"

Yet they are all more or less subsidiaries of the same mother-company.

Charvel is generally more expensive than the Jackson name.

dunno bout the custom prices tho..

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL
        Fender and Gretsch have different pricing "policies".
        Jackson and Guild have different pricing "policies"

Yet they are all more or less subsidiaries of the same mother-company.
        True, but Jackson and Charvel are made by the very same company - JCMI. No subsidiary thing going on. But I suppose they may have pitched the Charvel line to be more "exclusive" or something?

Comment

Charvel Price List:

Most dealers will give you a price around 65%-75% of the full MSRP. You need to contact a Charvel / Jackson dealer for true pricing, which is not permitted to be posted online.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Jackson bolton starts at 2880 I believe
            Charvel $2499 ..

Probably to help strengthen the charvel brandname and get some interest rolling ..just a guess
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe
              Anyone else notice the DeMartinis aren't in there?
              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Hasn't been updated yet ...
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane
                  Well, both Jackson and Charvel are made by the same company. Why would they have two different pricing policies?

The custom quote form is probably just as severly outdated as the rest of the webpage, but it should give you a ballpark figure of what the retail price should be.

Oh, and...that's a classy avatar, sir!
                  Hey dude, I was wondering where ya were. I had to brighten things up, hope ya don't mind

Well, as for pricing, I guess I'll just wait for a bit before contacting anyone. I'm seriously going for this Charvel though, and then she'll have a bastard son Jackson that will look almost the same, but not quite the same soon after that. Thanks for the ballpark figures though, that's close to what I was originally thinking.

Comment

Working...
                  X