Dinky project....what color???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackson1
    The colored fretboard would be unique. But pretty? I can't decide. I think you'd have to see it in real life to decide.

If you go for green i'll pull all my posts from this thread

Edit: Are you going for a painted neck (back)?
    That's exactly why I'm doing this thread, just to feel out "popular opinion" (incase I ever need to sell it!!!). This axe will be all about "unique", but I want it to look good too. The matching fretboard may be a little busy......but it may not. Don't know. As far as painting the neck, the back will be dyed and oiled. The only thing shiny will be the body, fretboard, and headstock top, yet all will share the same color.
    Last edited by mm2002; 04-06-2006, 08:20 PM.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
      You do realize, don't you, that the color on the f'board will eventually dirty up and look like s**t (as compared to the same color on the body, I mean), unless you clearcoat the neck?
      The fretboard will definitely be clear coated.

Comment

What no pink???

Then green it is!

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002

Either of these two gets my vote!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

jesus once said "Of all the wonderful colours on my father's green earth, blue and yellow are the gayest."

Comment

Another vote for green.

Comment

You knew that was coming didn't you? By the way, that EMG looks SOOOOO lonely, Mark. Won't you adopt a ring to keep it company?
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

maybe he's direct mounting the EMG
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Like he said:

..direct mount EMG (no trim ring)
                    And this is one of the cool things Mark is planning, i think. No ring.

No offense Dave, but sometimes it just calls for a mean, lean, no chrome with french fries look, ya know?
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

hehe. he said 'ring'
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

i say the Blue, looks nice..

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68

You knew that was coming didn't you? By the way, that EMG looks SOOOOO lonely, Mark. Won't you adopt a ring to keep it company?

Ha! Dave, I actually have considered pink! You know you like the green too though!
                          Hey, you might keep one of those pup rings handy, I may need it depending on how bad I fuck up trying my direct mount idea!

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa
                            jesus once said "Of all the wonderful colours on my father's green earth, blue and yellow are the gayest."
                            He also said PallarAndersVisa was a gay name, but that didn't stop you. :ROTF:
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

100 points for Joetam!!!!!!:ROTF:

Welcome to "Who's guitar is it anyway" where it's all for fun and the points don't matter!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
                                maybe he's direct mounting the EMG
                                I already knew that from our previous phone conversation, I was just "bustin" on him - It's nice that you care though -

Mark, I see green in your future and possibly mine as well -
                                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                                X