Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More New Jackson Body Shapes Posted

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/custom...to_gallery.php

More new body styles designed by Pablo. This is the 2nd (3rd?) round of this stuff. OK, I'm just going to let this all hang out...

I'm not digging them at all. Not one iota. Don't get me wrong: these are very cool body styles, if you're into the pointy weapon-like shaped guitars. Pablo is extremely talented, and has come up with some wild new original designs.

It's not that they're not cool or unique. The bottom line is that they just don't say "Jackson" to me. In fact, those have BC Rich written all over them. And I don't want my Jacksons to look like BC Riches. (...I'd like a few Jacksons to look like hot-rod'd Gibsons, but that's an entirely seperate discussion. )

Discuss.

Yeah, that first one doesn't seem very Jackson-like. It kind of resembles the Metallica M imo (which is kind of dumb, unless you like Metallica).
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I'm with you on this.. I'm not feelin' it either.
      They don't say "Jackson" to me.
      -Rick

Comment

I like the first one.
        Jackson does need some updated models to keep things fresh.
        It's possible that they are trying to get some of the BCR and Moser fans to come to Jackson, and for that I approve of it.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

BCR and Moser was exactly what I was thinking when I saw the pictures.

Comment

I like the V-based one, AFAIC it would look nicer if the front horns were somewhat smaller. Like on the second one, or either way just not so BIG in comparison. Still, I'd prefer the "classic" King V. I think. Moser Bastard Vs do have a certain appeal to me, and they're not that far away from the new design, after all.

Comment

Comment

Looks like ass...none of these suit the Jackson style IMHO.
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

although they may not be 1/2 bad if you get rid of the top horns. it's not too bad as a v-style. that said, i think it's cool that they're trying different things. we all can remember being 13-14 and drawing guitar designs in class. what's cool is that he can do it for a living. they won't all be awesome. then again, none of them are things that i'd order. but if there's people that buy bc rich beasts, there's gotta be people who'd buy these.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That first one is kinda cool, but not my style. Interesting stuff though...
                    And is that a Zebra striped DoC Rhoads?? Wonder who ordered that one

Comment

it's not zebra striped, that's masking. he probably shoots them in black and white, then the grey and blues are added at the end for shading. just a guess, though.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Silvertone Paul Stanley models?!?
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I hate them. they look really really stupid. GWAR might like them though.

I don't like pointy guitars regardless, even the RR is too much for me. the only V's I like are Gibsons.

I think it's foolish that people want musical instruments to look like medieval weapons. are you playing music? or assaulting a stronghold? lame.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                            Silvertone Paul Stanley models?!?
                            No, they do nothing for me. Are those "Impaler" models? "How did he die?" "He fell on his guitar."
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I don't think these look like MCS or BCR's. Neal and Rodney design most of the MCS stuff and there's a lot of finesse that goes into every curve and every point. I've seen the sketches and templates of MCS stuff before they're even offered. They really sweat over the designs.

These new Jacksons...there's no finesse. They're clunky. The remind me of stuff I drew in Jr High before I knew about contrast, form, balance, etc.

I really like pointy guitars but these are not for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X