Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can only think of about 5 totally orginal shapes:
    LP, Strat, Exploer, V, and the Bitch.
    the bitch might be debateable but i cant think of anything that it came from?
    everything seems to stem from one of those....

Comment

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by XXX
        i can only think of about 5 totally orginal shapes:
        LP, Strat, Exploer, V, and the Bitch.
        the bitch might be debateable but i cant think of anything that it came from?
        everything seems to stem from one of those....
        If you want to look at it that way, the Bich is a strat-like shape with the back end chunked-out.

But there are tons of original shapes out there ...
        Danelectro ... Rickenbacher ... Steinberger ... not to mention you left out some pretty obvious ones. Umn SG? Jazzmaster? Tele? lol. Is that seriously all you could think of?

The ones you listed just happen to be the most commonly immitated, perhaps because they are the most popular?

-a

Comment

Cameron....while I can say I agree with the way you're coming off, I do agree with your opinion.
          To clarify....Cameron ...I DON'T agree with the way you're coming off, but still agree with your take on this.

Brad I'm not disagreeing with you either dude. If FMIC decided to pay you, then yeah...you get design credit. A spinoff is a spinoff is a spinoff...etc...

The Kelly is a spinoff of the Explorer...the Rhoads is a spin on the Flying V
          I need not go on....you all know the deal.

All the original shapes took place in the 50's and 60's
          The scene went dead in the 70's despite a few "closet classics" and then again in the 80's we saw some new and unusual things again.

Comment

steinberger i'll give ya, rick, and dan id say dan is lp meets strat, and rick =strat

Comment

Jackson Warrior is original, no?

It's vaguely Stealth-shaped but IMO it kinda has to be original, because the 4 "points" are all the Jackson headstock shape.

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I would much rather see Jackson make the same old shit for years and years and just never take chances with new ideas.

I am a firm disbeliever in the "if you dont like it, don't buy it" rule.
                www.WarCurse.com

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                  Jackson Warrior is original, no?

It's vaguely Stealth-shaped but IMO it kinda has to be original, because the 4 "points" are all the Jackson headstock shape.

I like to think it was Stealth-inspired. But yes, I would own one in a heartbeat.
                  The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Well I'd rather see Pablo working on Custom shop orders then making these designs, cuz the wait time isnt getting any shorter.

Comment

The Stealth and the Warrior always seemed like a more radical Star to me.

Last edited by toejam; 04-16-2006, 12:33 AM.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn, at least use a PROPER Stealth...That's a freakin' import. Same with the Warrior for that matter...

Comment

LOL Good point! How about showing that black one you've got?

Comment

Damn you!

Comment

Love that one!

Comment

And the entire brigade...

Comment

Working...
                                X