Clear All

• Mustaine spoke -

megamaster

System Lord

Member # 1524
    Posts 81

Mood: Rockin' On
    posted on 2-25-2003 at 07:25 PM

Here is a reply to SedateMeCool's "real story" just given to me by Dave to post...

Droogies!

First off, I have been aware of everything this guy has said, as well as what was spoken by countless others for many months now.

It is so passé, but the guitar bit is just plain ridiculous.

Jackson should never have sent out that statement disclosing what was going on, especially when it wasn’t fully accurate. I still respect my Jackson Guitars. And you better too, they are now collector’s items, and ‘you’re welcome’ for the increase in value. J

Very soon I will explain everything, including my part too, but just not yet.

As far as this guy goes, I guess every rodeo needs a jackass, so I’m glad he’s here . . . kinda.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The REAL Story...........
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(As told by a misinformed idiot)

quote:
    Mustaine will be endorsed and putting his name on an ESP Guitar of a flying V design.The Guitar will be neck thru in construction and made in Japan(sigh). He(Mustaine) was unhappy with the lack of artist support & relations that the FMIC(Fender Musical Instrument Company) was extending him after being USA Jacksons # 1 Artist and Endorsee for the better part of 8 years.

This is confidential and although Fender alleged what took place from their perspective, you, like their statement, are inaccurate.

quote:
    Daves decision to sell off his majority of live Guitars thru Andy Brauer.com was done because of his (Mustaines) prior/advance knowledge that the future move to ESP would prevent him from using the Jacksons live in Concert any longer.

No it wasn’t

quote:
    It was a premeditated decision.

No it wasn’t

quote:
    While Dave does in fact have many USA Jackson Custom Shop King V's still in his posession-he will be prohibited from using them in live performances should his future plans include or allow him to perform live again.

I have very few left and how do you know what I can and can’t play?

quote:
    This remains to be seen despite the rumor mill HERE that steadily fuels the fire of conjecture and gossip.

Like you haven’t contributed to it, you tit!

quote:
    ESP will be his stage and public relations Instrument of personal endorsement for all future endeavors .

Have I or ESP or anyone made a statement yet?

quote:
    FMIC failed to give Dave the same attention and/or rapport he had with the artist relations people in Jacksons Old Ft.Worth & Ontario California Custom Shop(where ALL his Guitars were made) -so he decided to move on and cancel his signature series (even those in production) so he could persue his endorsee offer from ESP.

Not true

quote:
    He was NOT courted By B.C. Rich or Gibson proior to his signing with ESP Japan.

Not true either, Gibson sent me two guitars, one of which I sent back. And I don’t think I would ever play a B.C. Rich again.

quote:
    Jacksons buy out from Fender had alot to do with this decision on Mustaines part to accept and design a Guitar being made by ESP for his recording and or (possible) future performances.

No it didn’t

quote:
    There are many rumors and inaccurate storys floating around about the circumstances and reasons for the disbanding of Megadeth in the final weeks of January 2002s "World Needs A Hero" tour.

Like you are helping?

quote:
    Personal injury and other rumors are partially true,but fail to disclose the whole truth surrounding the sad story of it all.

How would you know unless you were there? Which one are you: Junior, DeGrasso, Menza, Friedman, or Pitrelli?

quote:
    I choose at this time to NOT report the circumstances due to personal issues and requests of those directly involved with the story and events themselves.

I haven’t asked you to do a thing and if you are so close to me and the band, then why don’t you reveal yourself, you gossiping little hairdresser.

quote:
    To do so would be unfair- until The Man Himself decides to tell his fan base the reasons and circumstances surrounding the dissoultion & events that prompted the demise of the Worlds MOST Talented and Prolific Thrash metal Band with:
    Dave Mustaine
    Marty Friedman
    David Ellefson
    Nick Menza

Oh, shut up.

quote:
    To think there is ANY other REAL Megadeth other than the lineup stated above is ludicrous and just plain inaccurate.

See above.

quote:
    Many of the former members above were hurt & insulted at the events that led up to (and during)the Cryptic Writings Tour and subsequent management takeover by ESP Mgmt.(No relation to the Guitar company) and eventual fallout between Mustaine and his fellow bandmates.Artistic direction and taste are only the tipof what ensued.

See above.

quote:
    Most readers here will dismiss this posting due to the lack of Identification on the part of this writers identity.
    Sadly,my text here comes from personal and inside information that will soon be public and prove to be accurate & very disappointing to many serious fans of The Jackson USA Series King V(KV-1) and Jackson Professional Series(Japanese) Guitars and long time Jackson Guitar Fans,Players,Owners and Collectors-and Megadeth fans.

If you were buying the guitar because it had my name on it, wouldn’t you want me to be happy with the company constructing the guitar?

And if you were buying the guitar because it was a Jackson, get a different Jackson model. Jackson still may make cool guitars for all I know, just not my models anymore.

There will be a new Dave Mustaine signature model soon from a first class company. The only difference is that the company I choose and I will announce it, not you, ya mama’s boy. And if any guitar players put down their guitars because of your misinformation, then they are not real guitar players, unless of course they plan on shoving it up your butt. But then your head is in the way, isn’t it?

quote:
    But remember:
    Hindsight is always 20/20....
    Looking back it's still a bit fuzzy....
    Speak of Mutually assured destruction....
    Nice story........tell it to Readers Digest!

Don’t ever use my lines

quote:
    Maybe I will.

Maybe you won’t! Reveal yourself, punk!

Jeez what a waste of skin!

Mustaine sez

GOODBYE DROOGIES!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dave posted as (or through) Megamaster. He was responding to a post in a thread I started there about the Fender letter. The guy rambled on about a bunch of well thought rumors and Dave sort of set him straight. If you read into it a little it sounds like it might be Gibson for him. "" they sent him 2 guitars and he sent 1 back"" I'm guessing that they sent him an Explore and a Flying V and he picked the V and Gibson shut down the Y2KV.
    I could be totally wrong and talking out of my ass here, too !

[ February 25, 2003, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: kremit ]

Re: Mustaine spoke -

Oh yeah, and if you read my post saying "floyd rose equipped big hair machine" it's not a shot intended to piss off. It's a total lack of sleep (baby born yesterday) - and this baby gets relly cranky if he doesn't get his 8 hours, but I'm gonna have to get used to it !

Comment

Great to hear words from the man himself. I was tempted to post a reply over there but I have not posted since November and I felt it was not my time to jump back in where the Megadeth bb is concerned.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Why don't you just tell us? I am not going to register for the Megadeth board. Oh well I guess I will just have tolive without knowing. Damn! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn, I'm sorry !!! I forgot you have to register to read it . PLEASE SEE MY EDITED POST ABOVE WITH THE TRANSCRIPTION !!

Comment

The Gibson idea isn't bad...however..I wouldn't be surprised if we see James Hetfield join Gibson down the road. Over at Metclub every picture I have seen of him playing in the studio and out jamming at gigs in the past year (even the new pics of him jamming with new bassist Rob Trujillo) he is playing various custom painted Gibson Les Paul Standards and Customs. Is it a possible sign of things to come?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
              The Gibson idea isn't bad...however..I wouldn't be surprised if we see James Hetfield join Gibson down the road. Over at Metclub every picture I have seen of him playing in the studio and out jamming at gigs in the past year (even the new pics of him jamming with new bassist Rob Trujillo) he is playing various custom painted Gibson Les Paul Standards and Customs. Is it a possible sign of things to come?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's a possibility considering he played Epiphones then Gibsons then ESPs that were pretty much copies of Gibsons. Why not play the real thing and get paid for it?
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

wow, thanks for posting Kremit. After reading, I would almost be relieved to see a Gisborn endorsement come out of this. Anything but ESP! well, almost anything. I dont wanna think about that...

Comment

personally, if he goes with ESP or Gibson and they start making a better guitar because of him, then great. If not, then keep what you have and play by feel.

I always thought EVERY signature model,was a stupid concept on buying.

Its like, the Stephen Carpenter guitar (the guy from Deftones), what did he do for music?

I am not saying that Dave did not do anything, im just saying, you buy a guitar because you like it, and like how it plays, not because joe blow and his grandmother played it.

Comment

Right on, MOC!! Well said. I cannot for the life of me all the bruhaha.

Comment

I never owned a signature guitar in my life, but then again most guitars I have owned are older than me. The thing I am interested in seeing is what is going on in the market. Let's say Dave Mustaine gets a Gibson deal, we know that Richie Sambora just left Fender for Gibson, and it looks like James Hetfield may follow suit. It appears Gibson is atleast trying to grab some big names. It is a bold move for them. It will be interesting to see what unfolds within the business the next few years.

Comment

thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

and they just put out the Epiphone Zakk Wylde as well...
                          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

ESP just put out a brand new signature Hetfield SG. I don't think he'll be leaving any time soon.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

MOC hit it on the Head
                              for once i agree with him

Comment

Working...
                              X