Do I go for a RR3 or RR5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I go for a RR3 or RR5?

I do like to have a Floyd but Im not keen on the chrome hardware (would look much better in black). Also the pickups on the RR3 are Duncan Designed.

The Ivory DD5 looks great, just like Randy's except his did have a standard trem, i think.

Any help and suggestions welcome.

Originally posted by timstar5150
    I do like to have a Floyd but Im not keen on the chrome hardware (would look much better in black). Also the pickups on the RR3 are Duncan Designed.
    No longer. The 2006 models have black hardware, improved trem and real USA Duncans. No change for the RR5 though (it will still have gold hardware).

One other thing you need to ask yourself, is whether you want bolt-on (RR3) or neck-through (RR5).

In case you're wondering - yes, Jackson's website is hopelessly outdated.

Comment

edit: someone got in there before i hit the post link. dammit.

depends on your budget. naturally, the more expensive, the better the spec and less common colour finishes. but if you wait for the 2006 rr3, you'll get the black hardware.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Neck-through RR > all

Comment

i'd go rr3 .

Comment

Well, I would personally get the rr3. However, I would take an rr5 over an rr3, but by then you are paying so much I would just get a USA guitar- which is why I say rr3..cheap and good.
            But then again, I never tried an rr3, and I only played a trans red rr5 for like 2 minutes, sitting down. The store didnt really like too many people playing it because of the gold hardware...bs... wow that was a nice looker.

From what I hear tho, the rr3 is an awesome guitar.

Comment

You can't go wrong with an RR5. It was my main guitar while I owned it.

- E.
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I´d go RR-5, or even more likely get a used RR1 or RR1T

Comment

Yeah the rr1 has black hardware and a real floyd. I would personally almost avoid the 5, in your case. If you have the money, go for the 1.

Comment

Tim, here's what the '06 RR3s look like:

Sweet!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks guys, decided on the charvel as per my other post. Do still like the new RR3 with black hardware. There's on on ebay from Germany in eerie!

Comment

Maybe a good second guitar?

Comment

why not a used RR5 or a used RR1 or even a used Rhoads Pro.

Comment

I'd go RR5. I have one and I have a 1989 custom USA rhoads, and I'd still say the RR5 is my main guitar. Its go mojo out the ass, amazing strong tone from the string-thru contruction and great Duncans.

Comment

wow, that trans blue rr3 with black hw looks sweet!

Comment

Working...
                              X