getting kicked out a lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting kicked out a lot

just figured I'd mention that I seem to be having to log back on constantly with this new platform. I am also losing messages I am typing, I'll type a message and then I got to submit it and it tells me to log in again, and wipes out the entire message. not much fun.

can we extend the kick-out-for-inactivity time a little so this is not such a PITA? thanks.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/sendmessage.php
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm not having these problems ... maybe a cache / cookies problem?

-a

Comment

Yah, I'm good here too. No issues

Comment

I have to log on constantly ...Maybe an AOL thing?

Comment

I'm not on AOL.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

AOL users ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPS
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

No problems here either. I never have to log into my vbulletin accounts... all of the boards I go to I'm automatically logged in. I'm using the latest Firefox, if that helps. ;p
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

no problems here, using MSN explorer and I'm always logged in automatically.
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I´ve been kicked out regurarly too. I use Safari whatever...
                    And I can´t find any smileys.

Before I bother the admins, does anyone have any easy solution?

Comment

Setup thw WYSIWYG editor in your options.. then under the posting box go to the advanced button ..the smilees are there ..

Not sure why people would be getting kicked out.. I stay logged in without issues..
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Thanks mayday... uh, Kevin I suppose..?

Comment

I had the same problem using IE at work and Firefox at home, until I checked the "Remember Me" box on the login page...

I talked to the IT guy at my office, and he told me that they don't keep track of what websites the employees are looking at, so I figured why not have the automatic login cookies enabled?
                          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider
                            I talked to the IT guy at my office, and he told me that they don't keep track of what websites the employees are looking at, so I figured why not have the automatic login cookies enabled?
                            If you do, i could happen to walk by your empty seat and logon to JCF as YOU (and every other thing you have set to automatic).... and post whatever i liked with your name on it.

Also, as you probably haven't disabled the History and Autocomplete functions in Explorer and AOL items, i could check out what searches you have been making on Google or MSN. The list goes on.

When doing internet from your work, shut off all this Microsoft auto-crap if you can. Of course, the amin can monitor and log every step you make regardless, but try to minimize this sladderhank (!) behaviour.

(Holy cr*p, "sladderhank" is the same in danish!)
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I'm having quite a bit of trouble myself. Not so much of getting logged off as just not being able to get on the site at all. It's coming up that "website can't be displayed" alot. You all have any ideas on this one?

Comment

Working...
                              X