No announcement yet.

Poll voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Freedom's never free. The politics of ecstasy are these.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday
        And I don't like you... wanna guess where this showdown is heading
        :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: Man, I love you.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I still question the validity of requiring to register for something you've not even SEEN yet before you decide whether its worth signing up or not.
          Well...sign up and see what the forum has to offer you...it's a simple concept really. Can't hurt if you do, can't hurt if you decide otherwise right?
          That's my opinion. Not an issue of validity.

I signed up to Harmony Central a few years ago...while I remained a member for a couple of months, I didn't find much there that was useful to me, and I just stopped going there. No one emailed me, my email address wasn't sent to a 3rd party, and I lose nothing in the process.
          Last edited by VulfgangPfuck; 04-14-2006, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
            Freedom's never free. The politics of ecstasy are these.
            let's talk about the politics of dancing. the politics of feeling good.

someone's gotta get that one...
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, I remember that song, just can't remember who sang it.

Comment

Re-flex. and yes, i'm ashamed to know that.
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

LOL I've now got that chorus stuck in my head! Thanks for giving me that flashback.

Comment

The thought process on that varies on why the forum is private. We went private for a multitude of reasons going back to EzBoard. .

Banned members
                    People spamming the board
                    people using the board to gain information and never giving back ..
                    Content theft

to name a few

Yes, as petty as that sounds it does bother people that lurkers take and never give. There were and are a lot of members on this board who will help out and give freely, it's only fair to those people to expect the same consideration in return ,,

Every board associated with Jackson Charvel that I'm aware of was closed membership pending registration. JCF,USA Charvels, Charvel Central and the Underground to name a few. I think because we tend to be the biggest we have a bigger target on our backs..

People need to get over the sense of entitlement and understand that we value not only the membership but the content of our board and go to great length to ensure that it is protected and yet give an environment that is inviting and stimulating.

I have no issue with someone who asks why there is a rule or points something out but I am getting fed up with 1) Being called names and 2) being disrespected especially by new members. The admins on this board do a lot of work ..a lot of which does not get seen out in the open. Jeremy for instance spent several sleepless nights getting the board transferred, running correctly and repairs...

There were nights I went to bed at 11pm est and woke up for work the next morning at 6am and he was STILL working on the board. Is it fair to call him a Nazi given the circumstances? I think not, it is thankless thoughtless and downright nasty....

We work hard to keep this board running FREE of charge to its members. We charge ZERO to be a member here, yet time and time again we will get someone who feels it is OK to be condescending or just be a jackass.. Why? Because sitting behind a computer is so impersonal it is easy to forget there is a human being sitting on the other side...

Enough is enough.. Either be respectful or you wont be given the option to stay ..it will be made for you ...
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Enough is enough.. Either be respectful or you wont be given the option to stay ..it will be made for you ...
                      cheers to that!

Comment

Thank you for making plain what should be obvious (I mean that the right way. I'm not being sarcastic.) This board is the life blood of J/C owners. It has provided a wealth of knowledge.I have made friends and others here. Yes, members can question policies but to rag and complain ( I was just kidding on my rags) is uncalled for. I hope you piss ants don't get the "Few,the brave, the "Guys" to tell us all to fuck-off. Stop complaining. Make suggestions. And realize there isn't anyone of us that can re-create this board. "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
                          cheers to that!

Agreed!!!!!! Lot's of tension here.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fettster
                            then just leave and take your soggy Pampers with you.

:ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

IMHO, there's nothing wrong with RESPECTFULLY disagreeing with rules and authority as long as both parties are willing to access what's being questioned. On one hand, I respect Guyver1 for speaking his mind, on the other I feel his delivery was WAY outta line. I also feel the Admins responses were admirable and mature. I wonder at this point if Guyver1 has been shown the door or if he's spending this time trying to word his humble apology in an acceptable way. I for one appreciate this place and enjoy all it offers me, and for free to boot !!!!

Long live the JCF !!! Just the way it is !!!!

Comment

The admins here are very easy going and will warn an individual more than once before taking drastic action against them.
                                Yup. I can think of a few people who wouldn't be members here if that weren't the case. (myself included! )
                                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X