Black vs metallic black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black vs metallic black

Does anybody have some close up pictures of a black and a metallic black guitar? I noticed OSG had a MB King V on his site, but for me it looks black. What's the difference between those two colors?

[ February 26, 2003, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: BK ]

Re: Black vs metallic black

one sparkles one just shines
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Yeah, metallic is made by aluminum flakes put in the paint. It makes it look sparkly in certain light.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a metallic black RR Custom and it isn't as sleek a black as my friends black RR. My MB has billions of tiny flecks that make it look almost dark gray in some light and black in others.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hey BK,

We must have been thinkin the same thing this morning, I sent Matt an email about that guitar and bought it at 10:07 am... Sorry bro, really...

I did see a couple others around but I haven't bought anything from Matt in a year or so, so i thought I'd patronize our sponsor...

Sorry again bro, if you want it that bad, I'll give it to you for exactly what I paid for it, I'll even eat the shipping...

Peace!
          Pat

Comment

i have a mb SL1 and the metal flake is subtle. in most light the guitar just looks black.

Comment

No Pat, you keep the guitar. I got a new guitar just a couple of months ago and don't need another guitar (yet). I was just curious about the difference between black and metallic black.

By the way, congrats with a new guitar [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I also noticed that Matt has some kick ass Rhoads in stock now [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ February 27, 2003, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: BK ]

Comment

On metallic black, the flake is in the clearcoat.
                When done with multicolor flake, it can be very attractive. To get a uniform cover with the small
                amount of flake used, there must be an agitator in the paintcup.

Comment

Yes, he does have some nice RR's...

Well, I've been looking for a red KV2/dbl Rhoads for a while now, so this guitar may get shipped off to GMW for some new paint, we'll see how I like the black for a while tho.

We'll see....

Thanx!
                  Pat

Comment

OH>.............strangletooth you got the metallic black from matt>_< i guess i'll have to buy the snow white peark with black pinstripes.....but honestly i like metallic black better ..... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ..haha ahave you received your guitar? is it good?

Comment

BK, i just saw this old thread and noticed your request. I have some close ups somewhere on my hard disk with my black metallic RR1 and also my deep blue metallic i think. Let me know if i should show 'em. The metallic effect in both guitars are very subtle though. Needs direct sunlight or stagelight to "work".
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

please show me! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Sure, just show em

Comment

Most of the time these metallic colours don't show very well / at all, but the following close-ups has been set up to make that effect stand out a bit. I have included some deep blue metallic just for comparison. I don't have any pics with just plain black.

blackmetal1

blackmetal3

blackmetal4

bluemetal1

bluemetal2

bluemetal3

/Henrik
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I've got a metallic black sl2h. You have to almost touch the guitar with your nose to see that it's actually metallic black. I guess in stage lights it could be more visible if you stood in the spotlight. In normal lighting conditions it just looks black.

Comment

Working...
                              X