• Show
Clear All

• Body thickness

can somone give me the body thicknesses of:

*Jackson soloist
    *SD Charvel (strat body)
    *Gibson Les Paul

thanks!
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

My 2005 SL2HT = 1 and 5/8 (measured at the horn where the strap connects)
    My 2001 59 Reissue Les Paul 1 and 15/16

Comment

J4337, ´88 USA Soloist Custom = exactly 44mm on the calipers

I´ll measure my Strathead if I remember when I get home

Comment

Damn that metric system

Comment

44mm = 1.732"
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yahoo/google has been berry berry good to you...WTF is 1.732"....none of my craftsman wrenches have that on em??? :ROTF:

Comment

Wun an thwee kwatas

Comment

sank u danielson

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
                  Yahoo/google has been berry berry good to you...WTF is 1.732"....none of my craftsman wrenches have that on em??? :ROTF:
                  It´s pretty exactly 1 3/4 inch, only 1.8 hundredths less

Welcome to 4th Grade Math, today we´ll start with converting Fractions to decimals.... if .5 is half, who can tell me how much .25 and.75 are if 1.0 is a full unit?

Comment

Although I am at a 4th grade math level, our country being one of the only ones to never adopt the metric system I just never use or remember it, so to me its a PIA.

Comment

Comment

thanks guys.

btw. inch, feet, miles,bounds, gallons or whatever american stuff isn't too hard to understand but one thing that blows is that damn Fahrenheit system. Loose that crap
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Thanks Racer....now I feel much better

Comment

Awesome thread. I've also been contemplating this for quite a while, but never got around to ask. Thanks a lot guys!

Since I like guitars that are a bit back-heavy, I've been considering a guitar body that is a little thinner at the horns, and thicker at the end.

Comment

I <3 the metric system.
                              I guess I'm Anti-American for that..

When I'm underneath a hood, or under a car.. and I need a size or two up or down.. why the hell would I need to do fractions to figure out whats bigger or smaller? Why go from 3/4 t 5/8 when I can go from 13 to 15 and so forth.

Metric makes more sense.
                              So does Celcius.
                              Both are more logical and practical.

What really messes me up is when a old american car has both.

Do they do that to mess up the guy who works on his own rig?

Comment

Working...
                              X