another thickness thread - the thickest neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another thickness thread - the thickest neck

wich guitar has the thickest neck ever and how thick is it?

'59 LPs are about 1 inch or something.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

58's are thicker and because they are done in the custom shop they all differ a little if you are talking about the Reissues. My LTD Rhoads is real thick

Comment

i'm pretty sure the 58's do have a tad bit thicker neck than the '59s as quakana said...at least the ones i have had my hands on felt real meaty that's for sure!

-Mike
      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

JCF-01's have really thick necks.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Late '70s Fenders have some nasty baseball-bat necks, like CBS decided it was too expensive to shape them properly or something.

Comment

early rhoads models have thick necks, but oh man, they're wonderful.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'm pretty sure some of the Cordoba and Ramirez guitars I've played have had thicker necks than any Gibson or Jackson.

Comment

Many MCS custom guitars have super thick necks.

Comment

I love thick necks, I'm planning to order a CS Charvel soon, I want the neck to be as thick as possible but still reasonable so I can actully play with it
                  It's going to be wide like jackson and with a ´59 LP roundy backshape. A real meaty baseball bat neck. I just don't know where to take the thickness measurments or examples.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I had a Gibson Joe Perry Les Paul and that neck was pretty damn big....
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Great thread - keep them coming - I'm making a list of axes to AVOID LOL!

Comment

the thickest neck ever was a custom shop sl1 I played at band aid music in lynnwood,wa. Walked in the store and one of the guys handed me this multi thousand dollar jackson and said check this 2x4 neck out. He wasn't kidding, biggest neck I ever played. felt like a 4x4 not a 2x4. played great but needed andre the giant hands to do it.

Comment

Drew Carey

Comment

All you have to do is take a guitar, wrap the neck in about 5 rolls of tape, and you have the "world's thickest normal size guitar neck"

Comment

The thickest neck i've played on was on a Zakk Wylde les paul. There maybe thicker necks but thats the thickest i've played on so far
                              93 USA Soloist EDS
                              USA HT6 Juggernaut
                              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Working...
                              X