Jackson CUstom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson CUstom

hey, does anyone know how much higher the custom quote runs than the actual price?

Prices are not/do not get posted on the internet... Call one of our sponsors for a quote.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Welcome

Nice intro post there
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
        Welcome

Nice intro post there
        You're not kidding, Ron! Please introduce yourself first if that's not asking too much.
        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

It's all about the Benjamins!

Comment

Oops. He just didn't ask...?!
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Oh, come on, he's got 1 post...he obviously didn't know any better. If he's anything like me when I found this place, he's just so fvcking excited to see a Jackson Forum that he couldn't be bothered to stop and read the rules before jumping right in.

Comment

Get used to it....it never ends

Comment

Originally posted by ewright
                  Oh, come on, he's got 1 post...he obviously didn't know any better. If he's anything like me when I found this place, he's just so fvcking excited to see a Jackson Forum that he couldn't be bothered to stop and read the rules before jumping right in.
                  That's a nice way to put it!

Comment

Originally posted by ewright
                    Ignorance of the rules is no excuse for breaking them, period.

"Oh, I´m sorry Officer, I didn´t know it was illegal to fire RPGs at planes from my moving truck."

"Oh, well, in THAT case, you´re free to go"

Sorry, but suggesting that it IS an excuse is as idiotic as the analogy I just posted

Comment

I thought this question has been asked many times before and nobody got all pissed about it, what's the deal? He didn't ask for any specific prices.

I have never understood how not publicly posting prices "protects dealers"

It seems to me that it just allows them to charge different people different amounts of money for the same thing and nobody knows the difference.

(Yes I'm also aware of the MAP stuff but I think that is crap too, as long as the dealer pays Jackson they should be able to sell the guitars for whatever price they want)

Comment

Well the question is poorly worded...

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy
                          Yes I'm also aware of the MAP stuff but I think that is crap too, as long as the dealer pays Jackson they should be able to sell the guitars for whatever price they want)[/COLOR]
                          I think there is some confusion here, in regards to MAP.

Dealers are allowed to sell guitars for whatever they want.

MAP stands for Minimum Advertised Price - which may or may not have anything to do with the selling price. It only affects the price a guitar is advertised at.

The music industry is actually quite liberal in their pricing policies. Shop around on prices for a Bose system or an Apple product...I think you'll notice a trend pretty quick - every store SELLS those two brand's products for the same price. Hmmm....

Comment

Oops, I understand that it just applies to advertising (the part you quoted should have said advertise in place of sell). I just find it very bizzare that people are not allowed to advertise their prices.

I for one would be more likely to buy things if I could just look up the prices myself instead of having to contact every dealer individually and waiting for replies. It makes shopping more work for the dealer and the customer.

Comment

hey, sorry i didn't introduce myself, i was in a real hurry. my name's gary. i've been playing for about 4.5 years.
                              i guess i did word the question really bad. i meant that on the jackson website, you fill out a quote form. it quoted me at 3892 or something and i was wondering what the average price i would actually pay would be
                              sorry for being a dumb noob.

Comment

Working...
                              X