graphics question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graphics question

let's say someone as getting a USA RR1 pile o' skulls (hypothetically speaking )...is that graphic screened on or airbrushed ...does the same apply for Japanese dk2's etc... ?
    thanks
    len
    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

I dont think they are screened. I do think some stencilling is used for the basic outline of the pile combined with the airbrush. If you look up close at one done by Dan, it even looks like some pen work in there(the blades of grass and other tiny details).

I believe that the imports are air brushed too. They are definitely not as detailed though and look cheesy up close.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

afaik, not screened. i heard rumor a few years ago that was potentially changing, but i don't believe that to have come true.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I heard the BOF and HRF DK2's are screened... pretty simple pattern.
        Can't say for sure though.
        -Rick

Comment

A friend of mine was over here a couple of nights ago with his HRF DK2, and the paint looked really good, but definitely appeared to be screened. I can't say about the others.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

so they're not printed on a colour laserjet, glued to the body & cleared then?
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I own a Pile of skull soloist (Made by Dan Lawrence) Sl-1 and its like day and night compared with a dk2.

I always tought the Pile of skull dk2 was screened. Well, if its not, it really shows how good Dan is.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
                I dont think they are screened. I do think some stencilling is used for the basic outline of the pile combined with the airbrush. If you look up close at one done by Dan, it even looks like some pen work in there(the blades of grass and other tiny details).

I believe that the imports are air brushed too. They are definitely not as detailed though and look cheesy up close.
                +1
                I seem to recall JCMktnguy posting that the import graphics are indeed painted and not screened. There are two different import versions of the POS (Not piece of sh!t) graphic. The latter being much improved visually over the original.
                You can even see the sig of the artist on the lower edge below the tone pot on the BOF pic.

From OSG:

http://www.onlinestagegear.com/Brand...chive/DK2.html
                Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

I believe that was Kevin Easton who told us that Jackson had trained Japanese artists to do the graphics. He was still working for Jackson when they started offering graphics on imports. And they were signing the guitars because of the pride they were taking in their work. I've only seen the one POS DK2 in person and the graphic looked pretty good. Not as good as Dan's, but it didn't seem screened to me, just didn't have the same attention to detail. I wonder how many of these guitars Jackson Japan is pumping out per artist compared to Dan's POS output?
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

U05475
                    just delivered ...tips in tact ...definitely looks KICK ASS in person ...this should be in the usa section ...sorry admins

Comment

Looks pretty clean!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

3-4 little tiny surface marks on the whole guitar... signed dan lawrence '98 ... gonna be a long day at work

Comment

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Hell yeah! What a great looking axe! Are those EMG 81's on it?

Comment

silver logo = 81, so yup!
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X