Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which pickup scheme for new project? Pics inside...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pickup scheme for new project? Pics inside...

Duncan Zebra set, EMG set, or Dime/'59 set. Base your choices on looks only, I like the sound of all of the pickups. Keep in mind, I currently have the EMG and the Dime/'59 set, but would have to purchase a Zebra set.

Zebra Set
    46.88%
    EMG Set
    37.50%
    Dime/'59 Set
    15.63%
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

EMGs then shotgun it!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No shotgun, but Ill put some tape on there just for you!
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Zebras look killer Wonder if you could do Blue/White...I think Dimarzio might have those

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
          Zebras look killer
          ...and very classy!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I love Zebras but without surrounds. direct mounted zebras look badass in quilt.

but for your project here I personally would do the EMGs. the Dime set would be second choice.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Funny ya say that, because the body is direct mount. I think the surrounds would fill it in a little more... same the generator wont do no surrounds.

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
                Zebras look killer Wonder if you could do Blue/White...I think Dimarzio might have those
                DiMarzio will pretty much do whatever colors you want. I've got a black/blue Norton from them last year. I still don't have a guitar to put it in yet, though.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Oh, yeah, I think the zebras look pretty best out of the three choices here.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
                    I love Zebras but without surrounds. direct mounted zebras look badass in quilt.

but for your project here I personally would do the EMGs. the Dime set would be second choice.
                    +1 Although if you did the zebras in a different color it might pull out a victory.

Comment

Zebra, definitely.

Comment

I'd go zebra as well, especially if direct mounted....
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Zebra, but turned 180 degr. so the white bobbins points outwards.
                          Last edited by jackson1; 05-02-2006, 04:53 AM.
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Of the choices offered, I think the EMGs look best, but I'd go with white pickups, direct-mounted.

Comment

The emgs looks the best by far.. I don't like the zebras for some reason on this one..
                              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Working...
                              X