Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On to the next project... Which neck for my Rhoads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So some fine 400 grit will take the yellowing off the binding? That's good to know.

Did you have to score the binding as my Model 5 and 6 sort of look like they have clear over the back of neck and binding.

Comment

I didnt have to score it, but there wasnt a whole lot of finish on the neck... but on my model 6, theyre caked with clear on there, I would definitley score those! My binding (on the Model 6) is all yellowed too, but I kinda think it looks good... adds to that vintalge 80's look. It doesent take much to sand them either, it goes pretty fast, and one or two sheets of 400 will be plenty.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

And now for the last update in this thread... I finished making the control plates last night. Was going to order from Budman, but I figured I did all the work myself up until this point, I might as well give these a shot.... and they came out great! Im taking them to my garage now to bead blast them for a nice satin finish.

I already pre-wired everything... so all Ive gotta do is install the plates, neck, and string her up! Ill post up a new introduction thread tonight!

Now Ive gotta figure out to do with all this left over diamond plate! Ive got a 5' x 1' piece and only used about 1' of it... I foresee some more projects in the near future.
        Last edited by RobRR; 06-25-2006, 01:27 PM.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR
          Now Ive gotta figure out to do with all this left over diamond plate!
          Diamond plate inlays!

Nice job on the plates!
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Looking good Rob.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR
              and they came out great! Im taking them to my garage now to bead blast them for a nice satin finish.

I
              Those look totally METAL already!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Very metal, great job!
                "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Working...
                X