Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managed to bag this V

Guy who did the neck repair - http://www.freddysfrets.com/

Looks like the repair will have been a top notch job (hopefully)

dunno if the seller is a member here?

cant wait for this puppy to arrive, only thing i need to do is identify what Dimarzio's its loaded with, I curerntly use Evolution2's in the bridge and Evo Necks on my other V's, considering trying a SD model in this as something new, any idea's?
    My music:
    www.leonlive.co.uk

I think that is indeed a member here. Zeegler, if I am not mistaken.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

that's right Scott.. I recognize that fence

Comment

ahh cool nice to know he's a member here

If he reads this: what was the SD model you had in the bridge m8? i cant remember :P

I play a very varied bag of styles so am looking for an SD that'll do more than just 'metal', I do love the Evo2's tho
        My music:
        www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, it was offered up in the Classifieds recently.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
            Yeah, it was offered up in the Classifieds recently.
            Yes, but Guyver1 doesn't have access yet...
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Really, Sherlock?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver1
                  ahh cool nice to know he's a member here

If he reads this: what was the SD model you had in the bridge m8? i cant remember :P

I play a very varied bag of styles so am looking for an SD that'll do more than just 'metal', I do love the Evo2's tho
                  Hey bro! The Dimarzios that are in it currently are pretty versatile. That's probably why Yamaha used them in the Weddington in the first place. They are not super high output. I think the bridge pickup was around 11k if I remember correctly. I wrote it on the back of the pickup with black marker I think. Unfortunately I was never happy with the way they sounded in the Weddington. They sounded too gritty or something. They sound much better in the V, but still not my cup of tea.

I had a Duncan Custom in the bridge before I put in the Dimarzios. I find the Custom is the best all around pickup there is. It's smooth, but not too smooth. It's high output at 14k+ but still cleans up pretty nicely when you back off the volume control. It sounds great in anything from solid maple bodies, to thick slabs of mahogany. Having said all that, if I kept this guitar, I'd probably have put in EMG 85/81s.

I'll probably regret selling it, but since I got my KV1, and I am not a big fan of floyds, I figure it's best to pass it on to someone who will not leave it sitting in the case all the time. You're going to be very surprised when you see it in person. The pictures do not do it justice at all. I have tried and tried to get good pics of it, but no luck. Plus, it plays very nice, and has a super comfortable neck. You don't have to worry about the neck repair at all. If you were blind, you would never know it was there. The only reason it's visible at all, is because when I took it to Freddy, I just told him to make sure it was solid, and playable, and that I was not concerned about the cosmetics so much. The marks at the side of the fretboard are basically cracks under the surface of the clearcoat, with glue in them. To get rid of them, he would have had to remove all the finish in this area right down to the wood, and refinish it. All in all, it's really very minimal visible evidence of the repair.

Look at it this way too, you're getting a virtually unplayed guitar. I have probably played it 3-4 hours max.

You're going to love this guitar dude!!
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

You...vomit god?

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
                      Hey bro! The Dimarzios that are in it currently are pretty versatile. That's probably why Yamaha used them in the Weddington in the first place. They are not super high output. I think the bridge pickup was around 11k if I remember correctly. I wrote it on the back of the pickup with black marker I think. Unfortunately I was never happy with the way they sounded in the Weddington. They sounded too gritty or something. They sound much better in the V, but still not my cup of tea.

I had a Duncan Custom in the bridge before I put in the Dimarzios. I find the Custom is the best all around pickup there is. It's smooth, but not too smooth. It's high output at 14k+ but still cleans up pretty nicely when you back off the volume control. It sounds great in anything from solid maple bodies, to thick slabs of mahogany. Having said all that, if I kept this guitar, I'd probably have put in EMG 85/81s.

I'll probably regret selling it, but since I got my KV1, and I am not a big fan of floyds, I figure it's best to pass it on to someone who will not leave it sitting in the case all the time. You're going to be very surprised when you see it in person. The pictures do not do it justice at all. I have tried and tried to get good pics of it, but no luck. Plus, it plays very nice, and has a super comfortable neck. You don't have to worry about the neck repair at all. If you were blind, you would never know it was there. The only reason it's visible at all, is because when I took it to Freddy, I just told him to make sure it was solid, and playable, and that I was not concerned about the cosmetics so much. The marks at the side of the fretboard are basically cracks under the surface of the clearcoat, with glue in them. To get rid of them, he would have had to remove all the finish in this area right down to the wood, and refinish it. All in all, it's really very minimal visible evidence of the repair.

Look at it this way too, you're getting a virtually unplayed guitar. I have probably played it 3-4 hours max.

You're going to love this guitar dude!!

cheers for all that zeeg!! funnily enough I've been asking around for the best way to remove paint from a neck and headstock as i much prefer a natural finish, i just want to make 100% sure i dont use anything that will attack the glue on the repair and weaken it in any way, any advice on that greatly recevied!! eg is it ok to use boiled linseed oil on a neck thats been repaired etc etc, all that kinda idiot stuff

My music:
                      www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Go check out the Tech Q&A section

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman
                          You...vomit god?
                          Yup!

I was Zeegler, but I had to change my name so that my wife couldn't see what I was bidding on. :ROTF:
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Zeeg you have pm and email about this
                            My music:
                            www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X