Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History of Kahlers on Jackson/Charvel guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of Kahlers on Jackson/Charvel guitars?

It's appears to me that Kahlers haven't appeared on Jacksons/Charvels since the San Dimas days? Unless it's a CS order! Right? But I have seen a few here and there that have Kahlers, that don't appear to be CS orders! Like some Mustaine models etc... When did they stop putting Kahlers on them? Right after the SD timeframe??
    I love admins!

The two Megadeth sig models (both Dave's and Marty's) were the only J/C production guitars that had Kahlers after the San Dimas era--not counting the '86 Japanese Charvels, that is. And those two sig guitars had the fixed-bridge 3310 Kahler, not the tremolo version. Floyds were always more sought after, and Jackson pretty much abandoned Kahlers as soon as they had their own licensed Floyd to use starting about 1987. Obviously there were some custom-ordered guitars with Kahlers later on, but since Kahler went out of business for awhile, they became difficult to get and they weren't even a custom shop option for awhile (if they even are now).

Comment

If you count the japanese market Jackson Stars, then you do have production models with Kahlers. They offer it on the SL, RR, KE, and KV. They put a Floyd-type locking nut on them though.

Comment

Working...
      X