Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had a bit of a G.A.S. attack today hehe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got off the phone with my luthier. The guitar is there, but needs a little "magic wand" here n there. He didn't have time today but it will be ready Tuesday.(I'll get it after my Doctors appt).

I picked up my red strat and played it a little. My arms are very stiff so playing was a little tough.

Comment

My ship has come in!

I went to get the red rocket today. Bob, my luthier took his time to examine the guitar how it comes, shimmed the neck nicely, did the intonation and spent a LOT of time making sure it was up to my standards! They do a VERY nice job with these guitars! I'm glad they're available again. Such easy playability, great sound and that classic feel are available to us!! It's a beautiful thing!!! Here's a pic. I LOVE IT!!!

Comment

killer!! glad you're feeling okay!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Wow, hot guitar! JZ, i'm glad you're okay after the accident.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Sweet If that had just 1 humbucker, I think I would have creamed myself That has me jonesing for a 1 hum model now Jack.

Comment

As much as I love my one hum in blue...I don't think I'd get another one. It's a cool look and all, but not versatile enough. I'd probably make it a twin hum if I had to do it over again honestly. But it's cool, for leads the thing rips! Just for clean sounds, the volume has to be turned down a bit.

Comment

Nice guitar... about how much do those run?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Depends where you shop. I've seen some on ebay between 14-1700.

Comment

Congrats on that one!! Hope you're feeling better, too.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Just a small comparison between the new '06 sd charvel to my '82....obviously the colors of the necks are worlds apart.

The '06 has that awesome "specially formulated oil finish" which makes playing effortless! The '82 has whatever remains from the 80's which once was an oil finish. After the re-fret in early '02(i think) it had a shellac finish on which is definitely slower to shred on.

The flash made the new one's color much more orangy than it actually is.

I can't say anything at all bad about the new one. It's my favorite! It's baby brother in candy blue(also an '06) comes in second, then the jack butler clone comes in third.

Comment

Nice pic Jay!!Love the Jack Butler clone!!

Comment

Cool guitars, Jay! The maple neck looks great with the Ferrari Red finish. And I hope you are healing quickly after your traffic incident.

Did you ever get the story behind the high-speed chase? It wasn't Roscoe chasing them Duke boys again, was it?
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the accident. Get well soon!
                            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments!

I've been following Dr's orders and resting up(along with shredding!). No idea what the police chase info is. LOL it might have been Rosco(COO COO COO!!!) you never know

Things are improving slowly. A LOT less pain, but some remains in my lower back. These pain killers are like sleeping pills I nod right off after taking them.

If the weather becomes better, a new family shot is definitely in order.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X