No announcement yet.

need advice! got ripped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got a model 6 that was pretty beat up ...looked like it sat in the kitchen at Joe's Diner when it arrived ...fucking mungified ...just dissasembled and cleaned, rewired threw on some touch up paint ...plays great ...has mojo ....no worry's about dingin' it

i think half the fun of GAS is the tearin em down and fixin them up
    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Hmm, yeah it's not a HUGE deal, but getting a little back would be nice.. especially since idk if the electronics work or not... and I'm a little muffed that he was dishonest about it (even though I backdoored it).

Either way, I'll gut it and try to rewire it because I don't really want to spend $120 on new pu's right now. If anyone has a diagram, I'd greatly appreciate it if they could post it or pm it to me.. or email [email protected]

A bit of a lesson learned, but if it wasn't me, it could have been any dude or one of you buying it legit on ebay.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Comment

Wire it back up. I got a good deal on a Model 5 and opened it up to find a few dodgy things. It's really not that hard...and if you can't do it, take it someone who can.
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I would just wire it up myself and leave the guy bad feedback (after he leaves your feedback of course).
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire
            I would just wire it up myself and leave the guy bad feedback (after he leaves your feedback of course).
            That wouldn't be fair - give the seller a chance to come clean, then stick him with a neg if he doesn't. But, this auction went outside of eba - no feedbacks will be exchanged.

FWIW, a Model 5 I was watching just sold yeasterday for $312 + s&h.

Comment

rewire it yourself and then enjoy it, getting $50 back isnt gonna make the guitar play any better and you'll still have to rewire it anyway
              My music:
              www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
                That wouldn't be fair - give the seller a chance to come clean, then stick him with a neg if he doesn't. But, this auction went outside of eba - no feedbacks will be exchanged.

FWIW, a Model 5 I was watching just sold yeasterday for $312 + s&h.
                He backdoored it, so feedback is not an option. He can't really file a Paypal dispute either, it was delivered and it is what the seller says it is. In the greater scheme of things once he rewires it, a Model 5 with hsc is worth $400 so while it's a PITA the term ripoff is just a bit strong.

Since no feedback is at stake I wouldn't expect any money back, but it won't hurt to ask. Just don't expect it and if you do get it it'll be a pleasant surprise.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Ah, it was backdoored. Didn't catch that - sorry.

But yeah, I'd still rewire it myself. Like it was stated before, it'll cost you very little and there's probably a wiring diagram around this place somewhere...
                  THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat
                    He backdoored it, so feedback is not an option. He can't really file a Paypal dispute either, it was delivered and it is what the seller says it is. In the greater scheme of things once he rewires it, a Model 5 with hsc is worth $400 so while it's a PITA the term ripoff is just a bit strong.

Since no feedback is at stake I wouldn't expect any money back, but it won't hurt to ask. Just don't expect it and if you do get it it'll be a pleasant surprise.
                    +1 That's pretty much what I would have to say about the situation.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane
                      If it was me, I'd just gut it and put it back together in proper working order (provided that the components are okay).
                      Yup. When I buy a guitar, I always just assume the electronics will be fucked up anyway. It takes me about an hour tops to gut and re-wire a guitar, so it's not a big deal. Actually, I usually gut and re-wire a guitar that works perfectly anyway, because I'm a fucking maniac!
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
                        Yup. When I buy a guitar, I always just assume the electronics will be fucked up anyway. It takes me about an hour tops to gut and re-wire a guitar, so it's not a big deal. Actually, I usually gut and re-wire a guitar that works perfectly anyway, because I'm a fucking maniac!
                        What he said. Apart from the last part. If it ain't broke, don't f**k with it.

Comment

Yeah, I guess it's just a pain in the ass. He's still an asshole though

So anyone have a diagram?

also, do strat arms fit the kahler? or are they sold for a decent price?

I'm also missing a bolt from the lock, could it work with just two?

Thanks!

Comment

For all your parts (trem arms, top lock), go see Budman68: http://www.fretsonthenet.net/
                            Top service, great prices...and fantastic kit.

Comment

Awesome, thanks!

Comment

Sucks ta hear james...what a pain in the ass!!

Comment

Working...
                                X