New Jackson catalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoWheels
    Well off the top of my head, Tom Delonge has both a signature Strat and Gibson E335. I'm sure there are plenty of others.

-a
    No he doesn't. He HAD a signature Strat and then LEFT Fender to go to Gibson. And, no, there aren't plenty of others.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
      No he doesn't. He HAD a signature Strat and then LEFT Fender to go to Gibson. And, no, there aren't plenty of others.
      Ouch, you got me!

-a

Comment

Zakk is Zakk, and can endorse whomever he wants aparently. If you go to the Endorsee's page of the Jackson website He is listed there (very last one listed) with a link to his site. He is still listed with Gibson too. I'm sure the brass at Gibson aren't gonna say "Zakk, you can't endorse Jacksons because they're part of FMIC" He's their biggest selling/most visible endorser...that'd be stupid.

I gladly welcome him to the fold!!!!!
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
          Link no worky
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

aren't trivium endorsing every guitar going or whatever they seem to play jacksons ibanezes deans and gibbos i mean wtf?

Comment

ermm what about slash Voice X3?? i think he would still be bigger...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary
                Link no worky
                Sorry, try the new one

http://tinyurl.com/hjdtg

(HTML cached version)
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Slash is not nearly as visible as Zakk among who's actually buying guitars. He's f'n everywhere. Slash is big, don't get me wrong, but Zakk.....he's everywhere. (Ozzy, BLS, numerous guest spots...etc)
                  Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by HoWheels
                    Ouch, you got me!

-a
                    What? No chocolate chips?

Originally posted by VoiceX3
                    Zakk is Zakk, and can endorse whomever he wants aparently. If you go to the Endorsee's page of the Jackson website He is listed there (very last one listed) with a link to his site. He is still listed with Gibson too. I'm sure the brass at Gibson aren't gonna say "Zakk, you can't endorse Jacksons because they're part of FMIC" He's their biggest selling/most visible endorser...that'd be stupid.

I gladly welcome him to the fold!!!!!
                    If you look more closely, that is the labelled the "Artists" page. It includes people who are not endorsers, per se. In fact, it makes reference to Artists being "endorsers" or "players". i.e., Artists who've been known to play a Jackson guitar do not necessarily endorse Jackson guitars.

I'm guessing Zakk falls into this category, and he still endorses Gibson. Not Jackson. ...But that doesn't necessarily mean something isn't in the works for later. And, if they nab him, GREAT. IMHO, he's one of very few guitarists out there that could help bring fresh young blood (read: kids) to the J/C brands. Not many guitar "heros" out there anymore. Not like it was in the 80s, at least, I mean.
                    Last edited by shreddermon; 06-08-2006, 04:16 PM.

Comment

zakk has been on the artist list longer than i have...lol...d.m.
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Zakk is not leaving Gibson. Jackson was granted permission to use that photo in the catalog because of the guitar his wife had made for him. Don't read too much into it.
                        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Hey hey. Yeah it's a smaller picture on the page. I did not mean to make it seem like he was leaving Gibson, but he does look cool with the "Concorde". Lots of nice import stuff in there as well I did not know the whole MG line now has EMG 81/85 combo. There is a store around here that had a bunch of DK2M's that I played. Very cool. I need one now.
                          LATER!!!
                          H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

I've gotta try and grab one. Also, in Guitar Edge there's an interview with Zakk where he says Gibson is working on a new signature V with EMG's and a floyd for him, so I don't think he's going anywhere

Comment

Michael Schenker: Gibson V and Dean V both half black, half white. Both were simultaneously endorsed although I think he is with Dean exclusively now, but Gibson still sells the 2 tone Schenker V as their own model or something.

Maybe I have that bassackwards...

Comment

um, trivium definitely only endorses dean.

and before that Heafy used a few Les Paul Customs (his black and a white Supreme), and Corey had a King V and another Jackson.

anyway, that Zakk V sounds pretty sweet. hopefully it won't have a bullseye on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X