Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the difference between a San Dimas Charvel neck and a Jackson neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the difference between a San Dimas Charvel neck and a Jackson neck?

Hi guys, I am new here, and I just got a Jackson(2006 DK2 w/seymour duncan pups). Anyway I was looking at the Jackson Custom Shop quote on their website, and one of their options was a Jackson neck or a San Dimas neck. Now I have heard that Charvel San Dimas necks have a worn in feel, but what exactly does that feel like? And what is the difference between the necks?

Hi newb!

Can't answer your question but here's a thread about posting pics:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29708

Congrats on the brand new Dinky
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
      Can't answer your question
      What the? Is this the end of the world as we know it?

Just messin with ya Ron

Comment

The Logo? :ROTF: Not sure either

Comment

There's been confusion with the quote form in the past. I thought that the neck description, "Jackson style or San Dimas style", refers to the headstock shape (meaning Jackson pointy or the mid-late '90s pseudo-Strat Charvel headstock which is similar to the Phil Collen headstock).
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

+1

BTW, Welcome to the JCF. Congrats on the DK2!
            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
              There's been confusion with the quote form in the past. I thought that the neck description, "Jackson style or San Dimas style", refers to the headstock shape (meaning Jackson pointy or the mid-late '90s pseudo-Strat Charvel headstock which is similar to the Phil Collen headstock).
              Toe is correct. And that part of the quote form predates the availability of true strat headstocks, which became available on Charvel custom shop orders (...but not Jacksons) this year. Then again, that custom shop quote form pretty much only works for Jacksons, as custom shop Charvels use a somewhat different pricing structure.

Comment

First off, congrats on the DK2 and welcome to the JCF! Great question, I've always wondered about that option on the Custom Shop quote form. I wasn't sure if it had to do with the neck shape, headstock, or what.
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Ok, thanks for the answers. I really like the DK2. I am now a converted Jackson fan, and I just love the neck of the guitar.

Comment

Working...
                  X