Woooooohoooooooo!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely awesome axe Matt!
    Now, THAT'S my kind of guitar! If you ever decide to sell it, I hereby declare I'm FIRST in line! ......and P L E A S E sell it before you decide to mod it K?
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Matt....

Freakin killer! I remember you showed me the runup of this, but had no idea what it would like like after it came to life!

The Doc does it again!!

Comment

Fantastic guitar Matt, congrats! That's definitely one of the coolest stripped-down 1-hum guitars I've ever seen.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

K I L L E R A X E!!!! Congrats man, that guitar is pure art!

Comment

Incredible!! Congrats Matt!

Comment

I *love* it!
              Very cool with the "full-tilt-take-no-prisoners" approach!
              Given me some ideas...I'll have to get cracking on my Flying V project this summer!

Comment

fuckin' sweet, Newc, definitely.

Comment

Wow..... When you go custom, you go custom.

I just noticed the no volume knob thing. That is kinda like dropping a brick on a gas pedal =)

-Nate
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa
                    this is definately one of the nicest/classiest looking of the "evil" guitars I have ever seen!
                    It's not evil. It's a Warrior Angel... fighting for truth, justice and the good of mankind.
                    :ROTF:
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks all Needless to say I'm stoked to be getting my first Custom Shop

As for the specs, I was looking for the PDF order forms, then got caught up in Adobe's Revolving Update Syndrome, and still didn't find the Work Order for this one. Found nine copies of the Work Order for the 7-string I'm expecting

Anyhoo, here's an HTML version with the mockup I did:

http://autumn-frost.com/Projects/Cus...ngelQuote.html

I originally went with no inlays because I had just gotten in some stainless steel and brass shim stock from Ebay and was going to have custom-cut Crosses made out of the brass (since it'd match the hardware), but never got around to it. I'd like to have various types of Cross inlays - Iommis, Gothic, Celtic, really intricate jeweler-cut stuff, maybe even one made of Dogwood and cut like the real thing, etc etc etc.

As for the shape, I did it in Red first, but then tried it in White and it looked like something you'd see at Armageddon
                      Last edited by Newc; 06-14-2006, 12:59 PM.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thats a killer looking guitar mate!

Comment

just plain awesome...
                          so you are the lucky bastard this one is going to?!?
                          already seen it on the jackson page and wondered wether it would show up here in the JCF.
                          really great design!! congrats!!!
                          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Just noticed this one:

Check out the rack - that's a Blood Drip bolt-on Warrior, but I can't tell if it's 7-string and harpoon head. If it is, looks like I'm gonna explode

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Congratulations. Very original ideas.
                              Mind if I ask what made you decide on a bolt-on with this design? Just curious as I too have decided I like bolt-ons better than setneck or neck-thru.

Comment

Originally posted by circle of the tyrants
                                Congratulations. Very original ideas.
                                Mind if I ask what made you decide on a bolt-on with this design? Just curious as I too have decided I like bolt-ons better than setneck or neck-thru.
                                Economics, plain and simple. Total cost for 2 totally custom bolt-on designs was pretty close to what just one of those would have cost as neckthrough.

Comment

Working...
                                X