No announcement yet.

Woooooohoooooooo!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one Newc! It's good to see real one-offs from the Custom Shop, as opposed to just finish/hardware mods.
    Dare I say you've got a bit of a Prince thing going on there?

Comment

Thanks again guys :noworthy:

And a huuuuuuuge thanks to AlexL for the generator - this would not have been possible otherwise, because as I'm sure you all know, my Photochopping sucks
      No telling what it'd look like if I had just been sticking photos on top of each other

As for time from final approval to now: I'd say 14 months. I sent the quote back in December of 2004 but due to Christmas and New Year's and Winter NAMM didn't hear anything till about Feb, then California had some weather issues and whatnot, so there were some delays from that I'm sure, but got the Final Approval form about April or May of 05 IIRC.

As for that Bloody Warrior - hard to tell from the pic but it either doesn't have pickups (no rings) or they're direct-mount, which I think is how I ordered it.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Loos nice. What are the chances of anyone else ordering a blood drip warrior with bolt on neck? It has to be yours.

Comment

Newc - I'm trying to find out if this one is yours or not. Stay tuned!
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Newc...I LOVE THAT GUITAR, and I am not a pointy fan. That is hands down the coolest pointy I have ever seen.

I also want to see that Warrior blood drip.

Too Cool.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

WHOAH!!!!
              That is gorgeous, Matt!!! I love everything about it!
              Mucho Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by MEX3
                Loos nice. What are the chances of anyone else ordering a blood drip warrior with bolt on neck? It has to be yours.
                anyone would think that Newc is the first and only person to have ordered a Custom Shop bolt on!
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Very cool man! I can't wait to see more pics!!

Comment

This axe is SMOK'N!!! I think that we have a new "Guitar of the Month" nominee

Comment

Originally posted by Scholomance
                      Hey Matt!!! I was stoked too. Not only are you a lucky dude but I can only hope that mine is not far behind! It looks like they nailed the body style. Mine is a neck-thru but I wonder if the bodies will be identical? Is yours snow white or pearl white? You should definitely send it out for the cross inlays. That will look smooth! Wooo!

Scott
                      Mine's Snow White. I thought about going Pearl, but figured Snow was better for the overall "theme".
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Great looking guitar
                        I have always loved a white guitar with gold hardware.
                        No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Fucking gorgeous. When I saw that I knew it was yours immediately based on the mockup you had posted. They look to have nailed it. Very classy and yet dangerous, a similar look to what I wanted to achieve with my custom (not that they look anything alike, but the dangerous+classy). Incredible!

Comment

ummm Newc,
                            How long before you "Newcanstein" them?

I give you three weeks. :p
                            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

The beauty of it is, it's already Newcensteined - my henchmen did the work for me.

I love using others to do my dirty work

Maybe one in black and covered in spikes.....

Comment

If you ever get those Iommi crosses, that would look badass in gold pearl. But really if you never get around to it, its no loss, the blank board looks really nice, super clean on a very clean guitar.

Newc has the right idea about bolt on. If I had gotten my death angel as a neck thru I would have never been able to afford it. No reason to get neck thru if you ask me, especially if you get a heel carve for fret access.

The neck on my next custom will be a bolt on too, cause its gonna be a Charvel. The only reason I would ever get a neck thru is if it was part of the "look" of the guitar. Like say a 7 piece neck or something. And I do have a 7 string archtop warrior in mind for sometime..but by the time I get around to it, I can hopefully afford to get a neck thru.

Comment

Working...
                                X