Esp and Jackson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esp and Jackson...

I looked at the ESP site today for the first time, cuz I think they suck anyway! But that's a whole other thread! Lol! It made my day to see on the Jackson site (I visited often) pics of guitars, and the craftsmanship, and new ideas they are working on, in the Custom Shop! Esp really only had artist talking about how cool Esp was and shit! Note that I didn't surf around in there much either! Seems like they use artists a lot to promote their shit, and really don't get into the real stuff like Jackson does! Even the Phil Collen interviews get into the mojo Jackson has, instead of saying "ya my Esp is cool!" So here's to the great job the Jackson CS guys are doing in building the worlds greatest guitars!!!!
    I love admins!

Let me start by saying that I have never owned an ESP guitar.
    Tried several Lynch models, both general models and CS along with othe artist models through the years. Always atracted at their looks but when I had them in my hands felt lifeless, clunky and heavy.

Hard to describe, but stiff and not easy to get around. Couldn't get comfy with any of the models I've tried. Kinda hurts cuz I wanted to like them since I am a big Lynch fan.
    I wish they could turn stuff around and become a player. More to choose from!
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler
      Always atracted at their looks but when I had them in my hands felt lifeless, clunky and heavy.

Hard to describe, but stiff and not easy to get around. Couldn't get comfy with any of the models I've tried.
      Well I've never owned one as well, and have tried my fair share at stores, and friends that own some! And I honestly haven't played one I like! I've never put one in my hands plugged in or not, and just said wow! Though I've played a few B.C.'s that I've liked! But none have just done it for me like a Jackson! Note: I am also partial to brunettes!!
      I love admins!

Comment

I've had 3 or 4 ESPs (and still have my original 89 Mirage Custom) but none has really connected with me, so they've been moved on. having said that, I've sold my fair share of Jacksons, though that was usually to buy more!
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

As a youth, I always dreamed of ESP, Ibanez Jem, Charvels and Jackson in my stable. When I finally was in a financial situation to buy nice guitars, seems real ESP's took a backseat to LTD's. That soured me. Now I have 4 Charvels and an 88' floral Jem. As The Jerk said, "That's all I need.."
          Yeah right!

Comment

I know this is partly an ESP thread, but my comment is solely about Jackson. The Custom Shop. I don't know if i'm biased or blind or whatever, but it seems to me that the Jackson Custom Shop is running better than ever.

They are extremely visible - on their site, in catalogs, here (through dealers or John), the recent CS Clinic, they are all over the place. The pics on the Jackson site, with REAL guys noodling with the guitars, having fun, doing quality work (for the most part ..).

I just feel like Jackson CS is a true old school, proud company (division), who also has the guts to allow the public to know what's going on the inside and that is so compelling and..... cool! That means A LOT to me and my interest in Jackson
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I've owned about 7 ESP's and loved 6 of them. The other one was just dead and I could never figure out why. I've sold all but one now but wish I had a few of them back. To me they're just a different beast than a Jackson or Ibanez. I't like the difference between a Gibson and a Fender IMO. Each has it's place. As far as the LTD's go, well that kinda soured me on ESP as well. That's like having a Jackass instead of a Jackson

Comment

I have owned a ESP Horizon standard. I think it is a good guitar. But, I will say this. It has a nice thin neck profile and it is a fast guitar. But, comparing it to a soloist is like night and day. Jackson just feels like better construction and even unplugged it just sounds warmer. My .02

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                  I just feel like Jackson CS is a true old school, proud company (division), who also has the guts to allow the public to know what's going on the inside and that is so compelling and..... cool! That means A LOT to me and my interest in Jackson
                  I feel the exact same way!! That also adds to the value of them as well! Especially for Jackson nuts like us! Amen brother!!
                  I love admins!

Comment

I'm just fiddling on an Horizon NT-II right now. It's a hell of a good guitar! Aren't you a bit mind blinded by your Jackson obsession? Hey it's not cause I'm on a Jackson/Charvel forum, I shoul only swear by Jackson's. I'm not at all that sure that Jackson is doing that well since they're runned by FMIC!
                    BTW, low end Jackson's are getting worse. Take a look at the X series this year and you'll know what I mean!

Before getting flamed, I should say I gassed a lot on V's and Rhoad's and that I'm now dreaming of a SL1T or a Soloist archtop!
                    Last album from Pzlën : REMANENCE on http://www.pzlen.com

Comment

Nice 1st post
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                        Nice 1st post
                        .. or last?

not that anyone cares, I never had an ESP for myself and I never will.. I'm sure they have good & bad ones, like every manufacturer, but I think J/C is still top, if not in sales figure, at least in quality

Comment

Originally posted by Xochitl
                          I'm just fiddling on an Horizon NT-II right now. It's a hell of a good guitar! Aren't you a bit mind blinded by your Jackson obsession? Hey it's not cause I'm on a Jackson/Charvel forum, I shoul only swear by Jackson's. I'm not at all that sure that Jackson is doing that well since they're runned by FMIC!
                          BTW, low end Jackson's are getting worse. Take a look at the X series this year and you'll know what I mean!

Before getting flamed, I should say I gassed a lot on V's and Rhoad's and that I'm now dreaming of a SL1T or a Soloist archtop!
                          Well I only pay out my ass for high end Jacksons so the lower end stuff doesn't apply to me. But every Esp I've played hasn't done anything for me! High or low end! But if you'll bang just any whore! Then I guess you'll like anything! Though someday I might fall in love with one! But I haven't found her yet! Lol newbie!! I love a lotta Ricks, and Fenders though!!
                          I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by pebber
                            .. or last?

not that anyone cares, I never had an ESP for myself and I never will.. I'm sure they have good & bad ones, like every manufacturer, but I think J/C is still top, if not in sales figure, at least in quality
                            I care! And Amen!!
                            I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by Xochitl

Not really... it's a matter of taste. I loved my Horizon also, I still play it and use it as a backup / different tunings. I just think that my jacksons are better.

-Nate
                              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                              X