Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please make sure to keep the size of your avatars down to about 10kb .. larger avatars cause the board to run slower for those members that are on dial-up. Administrators will start monitoring avatars and any that are found to be excessive will cause that user to lose the option of having one.

Thanks
    Kev
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Re: Avatars

It is super slow even with RoadRunner!!!!

Mama Riotwatch

Comment

Ah, so the LinaV twins were right! Good
      call, Andrea and Ryann! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] (Again, root beer!)

>^.^<
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I actually say that we entirely do away with the avatars. For a VERY long time, I didn't have an avatar because I thought it would contribute, but then my brother made me one in Photoshop, and I just used it.

*Dons flame-suit for onslaught of protests* [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

What are you talking about? It been the fastest ever for me. 7/KBps = teh fast0rz

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
            Please make sure to keep the size of your avatars down to about 10kb .. Kev
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Remember stripping off the Metadata in your avatar. Every picture taken with a newer digital camera has this extra info padded on to the image.

Example: KMaynard's avatar at the moment is around 9KB in size. Stripped from Metadata it would be only 3KB.

My new avatar which i made as an example, went from 23KB to 2KB!

STRIP! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

We've been through this before and we'll get through the Avatar problem again. In the past, we asked that you limit your avatar image to 15K or less. Anything larger causes pages to not load for dial-up users.

There are some excellent members here on the JCF who can help you resize your avatar images. I myself was an "avatar offender" in the beginning. So please don't be offended as we list the names of people with avatars that are too large. Somebody here can help you. With that said, here's a few I found today, please let someone here help you if you need help resizing your avatar image:

Suckmykiss - 322K!!!! 1/3 a meg(this one is killing us)
              Swillmaster - 49K
              MrWhite - 34K

Comment

WOO someone's noticed me!!!
                I knew this was a problem but I've no idea how to sort it out. The picture isnt even hosted on my website - Troy's hosting it for me. Thats how sh*t I am with stuff like this. So, HELP AWAY PEEPS!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                Sorry about the whole inconvenience caused by my giant picture.

James

Comment

Is the Metadata included within the GIF/JPG file? or is it attached as an obvious separate file?

Splain dis to me mon....

[ March 01, 2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

[/qb][/QUOTE]Remember stripping off the Metadata in your avatar. Every picture taken with a newer digital camera has this extra info padded on to the image.

[

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Ok.. I need help on this as I have no idea where or how the metadata is stripped..does it have 3 clasps and is on the back of a woman.. no?
                    Ok, so can I get a walk thru anyone?

[ March 01, 2003, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Guys, i use ThumbsPlus to strip the Metadata plus it does some compression also. Here's a link for ya - pick the Evaluation Download version halfway down the page:

web page ThumbsPlus

Inside the program you double click the avatar so the picture is viewed. Select "File > Save As". Press "Save" and then this requester pops up:

The only thing you have to do here, is put a marker in the "Remove file information (EXIF)" field, and then hit "OK". You're done.

Cleve, the Metadata is included inside the JPG. With GIF i don't know. Heck, just run it through ThumbsPlus. Ask again if you have problems.
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

i made my picture in ms paint then made it smaller untill it was 10kb, it was for another forum where avatars are on the server with your info so must be less (no extra kb when no ones looking)

David

Comment

Cool ty.......... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I just put up an avatar and it is probably too big. I will find something smaller.
                            hpets [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

under 5 Kb here and here I thought you were cuttin back on my stars to consrve bandwidth [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BB

[ March 03, 2003, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: Bad-Brad ]

Comment

Working...
                              X