Js30 vs Dx10D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Js30 vs Dx10D

hi all, this is my first post in this forum.....

i have an ibanez but i'd like to buy a jackson, but i cant choose between js30 and dx10d....

..what's the difference of this 2 guitars?

the info is on www.jacksonguitars.com

generally, DX10D is higher quality

Comment

The JS30 is made in India, whereas the DX10D is from Japan and has a better build, better pickups and better bridge. Oh, and sharkfins!

Comment

I'd definitely get the DX10D. The JS30 is more of a "budget" guitar.

Comment

ok thx all, im directed on dx10d !!!

Comment

Sudista: I just played a new DX10D this afternoon, and it was fantastic! Felt as nice as it looked (Amber Sunburst, and it was fvcking gorgeous). Once again, I have to say how impressed I am with the new imports. I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially for the price!

Comment

Originally posted by ewright
              Sudista: I just played a new DX10D this afternoon, and it was fantastic! Felt as nice as it looked (Amber Sunburst, and it was fvcking gorgeous). Once again, I have to say how impressed I am with the new imports. I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially for the price!
              For your viewing pleasure...

Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Even better, DX10DFS!

I never realized what a beautiful finish that is until I saw it in person. Apparently pics just don't do it justice. I also noticed that, unlike the standard Jackson import "transparent" finishes, the wood grain is visible on the back! Why isn't my trans red like that?!

Comment

wow ewright nice guitar.....

Comment

I think its Wilkinsi's guitar...its a DX10D "FS" with a Seymour Duncan Firestorm gain boost switch. But it looks pretty much just like the one I played yesterday.

Comment

Back of the body only has the outer colour from the front and the grain only travels one way, whereas the front of the body uses two colours and the finish employs a grid effect. The FS version has been discontinued so I guess I should feel somewhat lucky to own one, although I don't use the FS anyway. The trans colours on the 2006 imports are a drastic improvement over their predecessors, so the possibility of trading this guitar for something current is not off the list yet.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Well, having once owned a DX10D, I'll add my two cents. Take the money you've set aside for it and buy yourself a Charvel Model 3a or a Model 2.

Of course, the one I used to own wasn't made in Japan. Are they making all of the DX10's in Japan now? If so, I may have to try one out the next time I see one to compare apples to apples.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
                          Back of the body only has the outer colour from the front and the grain only travels one way, whereas the front of the body uses two colours and the finish employs a grid effect. The FS version has been discontinued so I guess I should feel somewhat lucky to own one, although I don't use the FS anyway. The trans colours on the 2006 imports are a drastic improvement over their predecessors, so the possibility of trading this guitar for something current is not off the list yet.
                          I had a DK2FS until a couple weeks ago; the FS was only really useful when playing on a small (15-30w) amp. The new trans finishes are indeed much better (I just got a trans red DK2), but the back is still a solid color, and I just prefer visible wood grain as on your amber burst. The DX10D I played was a new one, and the burst itself seemed much more pronounced than before.

I wonder why the amber is the only import trans-type finish that shows grain on the back?

Comment

i was thinking dk2s in asb or dkmg in cbs. i've no idea why only asb finishes show wood grain on the back because the cost of the guitar in any trans finish costs the same.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
                              i was thinking dk2s in asb or dkmg in cbs. i've no idea why only asb finishes show wood grain on the back because the cost of the guitar in any trans finish costs the same.
                              I think a DKMG CBS will be my next purchase, too. I didn't like the old "white" version, but the new finish looks absolutely gorgeous.

Comment

Working...
                              X