Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...and here it is, the finished cusotom Rhoads!!! (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and here it is, the finished cusotom Rhoads!!! (pic heavy)

Here she is folks... hot off the press. Just finished doing the setup and jamming for a few... and damn she whails!!!

Stats:
    -RR3R Rhoads
    -Satin hardware
    -Duncan Dimebucker
    -Duncan '59
    -1 meg/ohm volume pot
    -3 way switch
    -Diamond Plate truss and control cavity cover
    -DXMG neck cut to 22 frets
    -Flame maple headstock matched to body, satin silver logo from www.best-decals.com
    -"Ebonized" fretboard

And now for the pics!

Quite possibly the first import Rhoads with binding, and propper intonation? You decide.

Jackson... are you listening? If you make it, they will buy it.
    Last edited by RobRR; 06-25-2006, 06:31 PM.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

And for the ones concerned about neck pocket fitment cutting down a 24 fret neck, here are a couple pics for you.

Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Nice job! I really dig the diamond plate, too.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looks really awesome!!

Comment

If only Jackson had revised the spec of the RX10D to this level...
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Wow!! That's sweet!!

Comment

scnazzzzzy

Comment

Killer!

Comment

Very nice now how much?
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

nice!

Comment

Awesome Job man....came out perfect

Comment

NICE dude!!!!!!

Comment

Rob
                          lookin good!!
                          “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Ok, the neck pocket fit is exactly how I have envisioned it....not great but acceptable! The control plate looks good except for those damn chrome screws (and they aren't countersunk enough!). Countersink the holes a tad more, and beadblast those screw heads!
                            Now for the positives.......nice damn work on the binding! The color match on the headstock veneer is awesome! The Jackson logo looks great!
                            And...last but not least.........you leave the ball ends on the strings and run them through the tuners just like I do!

Overall, I'll give it a 99 out of 100. You lost one point for the above mentioned details just because I'm that picky!

Good job bro!
                            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Thanks guys!

mm2002... your right, I didnt countersink them enough... thought I had... guess things look a little different at 3am on 4 hrs sleep when I did it.
                              And I did bring the screws with me to bead blast... but I forgot a piece of foam to hold them in. So no go on those for a couple days. And what, no lost points for only two screws in each pickup ring? I gotta find some more.

The binding did come out pretty nice, I impressed myself with that. The neck pocket is definatley acceptable... not as bad as I origonally thought it would be. As for the paint... it looks nice, but its enamel... its not 100% hard and I dont know if it will ever be. No matter though, this was only a test run. Next time Ill be using a real gun and mostlikley poly.
                              Last edited by RobRR; 06-25-2006, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X