Greetings from a new member!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from a new member!

Hello everbody, brand new to the board, and glad to be here.
    I suppose it's standard practice to outline a little about myself. First of all I'm a Jackson guitar nut...currently my number one guitar is a USA Select SL2H soloist in transparent black with the stock Duncan pickups and the addition of stainless steel frets. My dream guitar fully realized....
    Also I have a SLSMG in satin black, a Frankenstein style Kelly, and an old Charvette model Charvel (my very first "real" guitar). I also have a few other guitars that aren't worth mentioning here...haha.

I am an engineer in the plastic molding industry, I run a part time recording studio out of my home, and I have played guitar for many years in several bands (small timers). I've even started building my own guitars as yet another hobby that I don't have nearly enough time for.

I'm currently trying to get an old school thrash metal band off of the ground, as well as recording a couple of solo projects in my studio.

Hopefully I'll have something good to contribute to the board.

Oh yeah, and here's a picture of a couple of my guitars....

Welcome to the Board, nice gits and um....you have too many heads so you should give me one :ROTF: Lets see some pics of that Kelly

Comment

Welcome aboard, nice guitars.

Comment

Welcome and nice gear!

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll snap a picture of the Kelly tonight if I remember, but it's really just a plain black Kelly that I put together with parts off of Ebay for chump change basically. That's why I call it Frankenstein

Comment

Welcome to the board, great heads and guitars!

Is there a duncan invader on that slsmg? If so how does it sound?
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Wow, stainless frets! I think I read that Jackson could not do those because it hurt their tools. Welcome!
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine
                Welcome to the board, great heads and guitars!

Is there a duncan invader on that slsmg? If so how does it sound?
                Actually, that is a Duncan "Full Shred" pickup which I really like for heavy rhythm tones. I've never used an Invader, I've been curious about those too.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x
                  Wow, stainless frets! I think I read that Jackson could not do those because it hurt their tools. Welcome!
                  I had them put in after I got the guitar by a local guy. I didn't even realize that I liked them until I played a Parker Fly. (Those are great playing guitars by the way....just ugly as hell... )
                  After that experience, when my frets were run down a little I decided to get stainless put in. I couldn't have some other guitar feeling better than my Jackson!
                  They are really hard to work with...The dude who did mine told me that he pretty much did my fret job and then threw out his tools, lol.

Comment

what gear is in your studio?

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg
                      what gear is in your studio?
                      Okay, let me give you a run down.

I use a PC for recording: 2.8 Pentium Dual core with 2 Gig of RAM and dual 160 gig hard drives.
                      Sonar 5 Producer Edition
                      M-Audio Delta Series interfaces
                      FMR Audio RNP pre-amps
                      M-Audio Tampa channel strip
                      M-Audio DMP-3 pre-amps
                      Mackie CFX20 mixer
                      Sansamp RBI bass pre-amp
                      Behringer Compressor and Headphone amp
                      V-Amp pro modeler
                      Elemental Audio and Waves plug-ins
                      M-Audio e49 Keystation
                      Radial X-Amp reamp box
                      Alesis Monitors

Mics:
                      Joe Meek JM27G (2)
                      Studio Projects C1
                      Audio Technica 3035
                      Shure SM57 (3)
                      Shure SM58
                      Shure Beta52
                      Audix i5
                      Sennheiser e609s
                      Audio Technica KP kick/tom mic
                      A couple other back up mics...

Amps:
                      Peavey 5150 II
                      Marshall JCM 900
                      Marshall VS100
                      Vox AD50VT

..and probably a bunch of other crap I can't think of right now.

I would not want to seem like I'm advertising my studio or anything here, but in case you want to take a closer look at anything I have a website:

www.themetallab.com
                      Last edited by metalhead28; 06-29-2006, 09:45 AM.

Comment

How do you like the V-Amp Pro? I'm considering getting one myself since they're so cheap

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy
                          How do you like the V-Amp Pro? I'm considering getting one myself since they're so cheap
                          I like it pretty well but it would never replace a mic'd up amp for me. I use it for doing scratch guitar tracks and for when I am writing or want to play quietly. It has some usable sounds for recording if you want to go that route. For the money I think it's alot easier to justify than a POD, and I think it sounds pretty much just as good.

Comment

hey nice to met you

v - amps are good man i used to have one very decent imo in fact all of behringers stuff esp the v-ampire and the gmx models are AWESOME bang for the buck ... i only got rid of mine once i bought a marshall halfstack - no need to emulate it when u've got the real thing!

Comment

Welcome to the place you were meant to be ... seeing as there's nowhere you can be that you weren't meant to be anyway !!

There's alot of cool people here with diverse interests and humor unlimited !!

Enjoy your stay !!

Comment

Working...
                              X