FMIC's Marketing of Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FMIC\'s Marketing of Jackson

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

maybe it's because of the low conjuncture but it might as well be fmic's work...

but since my last visit to the musikproduktiv site in germany the prices on their Jackson's have dropped a lot [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, picked up the new Guitar World today and saw a new ad for Jackson (well, new to me). It had a huge pic of the Jackson headstock and flames if I remember correctly somewhere on the page. I dunno, marketing wise I think things are lookin better than they did with Akai. But losing artists to other companies is something that should be looked at

Comment

I'm still confused... Fender bought Jackson guitars, now what does Fender have over Jackson? Can they design new body shapes? Can they get rid of old body shapes? Does Fender staff, and or facilities manufacter the Jackson USA select series, or does the same Jackson staff and facilities manufacture the USA select series as they did before? Do the Fender dealers that are ordering in Jacksons only order in Import Jacksons, and if they do can you still order in USA Jacksons, even if they only have imports on the shelf? Does Fender only control the marketing part for Jackson? Can you put a battery operated pickups into an SL2H like the EMG /81/85? Will you have to have a space in the guitar routed out to house the batteries? How long ashould you way for the neck to set in for the different humdity? Ok thats all of my questions thanks

Comment

Crap that's a lot of questions, lemme see how well I can answer some:

Fender will not start to change anything till 04 if I'm correct. I doubt they'll mess with current body shapes, seeing how those shapes made Jackson recognizable today (Rhoads model). Pretty much the same staff is in charge @ the Jackson factory in Ontario. The USA and custom shop models are still (and hopefully will always be) made by hand, or else it isn't a Jackson, it's a GIbson, lol. Fender controls the marketing from what I know. It has improved since Akai owned it. More ads are popping up in Guitar World nowadays. As for pickups, a lot of people on these boards have changed the Duncans with EMG's, so I don't think that'll be much of a problem. About the neck, nothing is different now that Fender owns Jackson, lol. That's just normal stuff (which I know nothing about really).

Comment

Hey, thanks Ifrann, taht cleared everything up for me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] , so duncans use batteries to?

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sephiroth:
                Speculation is that it'll be Gibson or ESP that Mustaine goes with.

Sorry but I am one of those "gotta see it to believe it" people, and will only believe Fender is doing a good job with Jackson distributor when the nearby Fender dealer has a DK-2 or RR on the pegs.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you read the whole of this very thread
                you'll see a number of posts saying that their local Fender dealers ARE carrying Jacksons now. Keep checking your local Fender dealer, or maybe mention to that dealer that many OTHER Fender dealers are
                now carrying Jackson too. I'm sure your
                local dealer wants to be in on a good thing.
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well unfortunately, the Earcraft company personall thinks Jackson is a bad way to go, so they're dumping the whole idea, and not supporting it. Sooooooooo yep, no jacksons for me [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Unless maybe Daddy's Junky Music might! *hopes are up*

Comment

That's a stupid attitude. You will not buy a Jackson because a local music shop won't stock them? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Jon:
                    Hey, thanks Ifrann, taht cleared everything up for me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] , so duncans use batteries to?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No. Well, the LiveWire. But hey, what all the fuzz over battery compartments all of a sudden? Why not drop 'em into the control cavity? That has worked for years, so why not now?

'bane

Comment

Sunbane got it right. Most Duncans are passive, except for the LiveWire's I believe which are active and req a battery. But there ya go, from someone who knows, nothing special has to be done with active pups and batteries

Comment

Thanks Sunabne, yesterday I had walked into my local music shop and I asked how much the EMG 81/85 were, and hes like no you don't want those because you have to route a hole in your guitar for the battery. Then he mentioned something like a EMG 81/85 passive pickup??

Comment

He is on glue! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hey Jon were you in the music shoppe by chance? The battery fits in most control cavities and if you like EMG's than thats that. I bet he is trying to sell you on the HZ (Passive) pups because a lot of guys around here and Kelowna have guitars with them in.

BTW Wentworth has those Jacksons in. Including a new Warrior xt.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by Jon:
                            Thanks Sunabne, yesterday I had walked into my local music shop and I asked how much the EMG 81/85 were, and hes like no you don't want those because you have to route a hole in your guitar for the battery. Then he mentioned something like a EMG 81/85 passive pickup??
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The EMG 81/85 are active and requires a battery. Actually, running them on two batteries is also possible and a good idea if you have enough space in the control cavity. You usually don't need to route anything.

The general opinion on the passive EMG's (EMG-HZ series) is that they suck, so I'd stay away from those.

'bane

Comment

HZs = [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              81/85 = [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I had to check my pants when I heard Jacksons in at Wentworths, do they have any USA models in? I wasn't in the Music Shoppe, the violin shop he tried selling me the passive HZ, which I didn't want.

Comment

Working...
                                X